09-25-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Dangerous fighters
HA! MID.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2014, 10:22 PM
LOL. Pigeon Puncher.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2014, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 05:45 AM by ViperSniper.)
(09-24-2014 02:19 PM)salvador Wrote:  Dangerous to me means an awkward style to go with the power like Mayorga, Miranda, and Maidana or even Paul Williams

or:

boring boxers who can't sell tix but who are great at winning ugly rounds like Winky, Trout, and Lara and therefore are dangerous to careers. Along this line I am totally impressed with Alvarez for fighting both Lara and Trout so early in his career and I'm sure the experiences will serve him well in the future.

Very fair call sal as it crossed my mind when making the thread. You can get dangerous fighters like Mayorgas & Mirandas or the Laras and Trouts.

I'm not necessarily talking high risk/low reward fighters (although there maybe exceptions) or fighters that may make you look bad such as a Winky. But more so the former where a fighter had a style that would make him dangerous inside the ring against most.

To me, one of the most dangerous fighters would be Mike Tyson. You knew you were going to have either a short or very tough, hard fight. His abnormal power, speed, aggression and intensity would make him a big threat to most of his peers.

Vic Darchinyan (specially in his 112-116 days) was an absolute monster!
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)