Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear?
09-28-2014, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 01:49 AM by ViperSniper.)
Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear?
This guy only turned pro 15 months ago, fighting only 14 rounds and never going past 4. As an amateur he beat Sillakh & beat Kovalev twice already! The guy is meant to be a big puncher!

Well the guy just fought Travois Cloud and scored a 2nd round KO! Apparently destroyed him by dropping him 4 times to end the fight in round 2!

I have NEVER heard of this guy till now!

Here's more...

http://www.boxingscene.com/artur-beterbi...-ko--82605
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear?
He was a -250 favorite against a former World Champion, and he finished him off in a pair of rounds. He's massively impressive, and he's already knocked out Kovalev. If he can fight the way he does for two or three rounds over 12 rounds, no one will be able to compete with him except the Lineal Light Heavyweight Champion, of course, if he ever gets to fight again.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Cheers Dec. I need to watch this guy!
09-28-2014, 01:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kySTo0FcUik

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't like to be a middle or above these days. The Russians are coming and man, do they bring power.

It won't be long before Khytrov is doing the same in the middleweight division either.
09-28-2014, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 01:47 AM by ViperSniper.)
Wow! Thanks a lot for that Dec!

He has scary hands!! What a statement!! He will be one to look out for!

Agree ATN! Those Russians have scary power and it seems there's more of them coming along recently. .
09-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Khytrov is more a speed/counter-punching guy. With Beterbiev, every punch looks like it's doing serious damage. Khytrov might be more sound fundamentally, but unless I've misjudged him, he won't have a career knocking out top fighters the way Beterbiev will. Also, Khytrov will have to deal with a pair of killers in Golovkin and Ward, while 175 is a bit more open. You also have to look at the weight classes the two fought in the amateurs. Khytrov fought at 165, while Beterbiev finished his amateur career at 201. Beterbiev is FUCKING HUGE at 175, even though Khytrov is almost as tall as he is.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-28-2014, 03:43 AM
This guy looks 'George Foreman carrying farm animals on his back' strong.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Damn, every punch Beterbiev threw seem to worry Cloud. Strong as an ox.
09-28-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 08:19 PM by BrutalBodyShots.)
Awesome win beating Cloud, but tough to get any perspective on it since Cloud was 0-2 going into the fight. If Cloud can bounce back into the W column a few times it will make Beterbiev's win a lot more meaningful than if Cloud just strings together another 2-3 losses and retires or something. Cloud's career really took a shit.

Outside of Cloud this guys previous 5 opponents essentially had a 500 record, so you can't really take all too much away from that other than what's been said above that he can obviously punch and looks to do so with murderous intentions.

Exciting stuff though, for sure.

Just watched that fight linked above (I hadn't actually watched it prior to my above post) and to be honest guys, I'm not all that impressed.

Cloud to me looks completely checked out mentally. Essentially all of the knockdowns are him taking shots but basically voluntarily going down. Every time he's down he doesn't seem hurt; he just sort of gives up and goes down. After the final knockdown he's laying there, looking up perfectly coherent and just takes the count. To me it looked like he didn't want to fight or that he has no mental strength at all. Perhaps Hopkins and Stevenson took that from him.

I don't know I expected more watching that clip above but really it's hard to be impressed when Cloud didn't seem to do anything but look for a soft spot on the canvas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament ViperSniper 14 1,127 02-08-2019 05:40 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  How would a prime John Ruiz go in todays heavyweight division? Fitz 17 3,444 05-03-2018 03:49 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Should the heavyweight division be decided in 2? TheFonz 20 14,196 11-20-2014 11:16 PM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)