Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

XBMC/KODI Thread
07-05-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: XBMC/KODI Thread
The movie industry isn't going anywhere. They evolve as they go, just as they have since the beginning. The experience will change, but it will not go away. Steven Spielberg envisions going to the movies in the future, like going to a play now. The tickets will be more expensive...$50 or so, but it will be a more limited release. Less screens. Less days at the box office. If you want to see it on the big screen, then you'll have to pay the price to see it. Exclusivity is a given under that model.

I can see it happening.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 10:24 PM
You here about that Movie made by John Malkovich?? Its set in the future... Its also set to come out in 100 years.
07-05-2016, 10:41 PM
(07-05-2016 10:24 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  You here about that Movie made by John Malkovich?? Its set in the future... Its also set to come out in 100 years.

I think it is for a wine company Jon. Something to do with how long it takes some of their wines to mature. Or cognac, something like that.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Robert Rodriguez made it for Louis XIII Cognac. I guess it takes 100 years to make it, or something like that, so they're locking up the film with the booze. Fucking lame that we'll never get to see it, but it will probably never live up to the 100 year hype anyway.

07-07-2016, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 12:03 PM by Snoop.)
(07-05-2016 11:19 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Robert Rodriguez made it for Louis XIII Cognac. I guess it takes 100 years to make it, or something like that, so they're locking up the film with the booze. Fucking lame that we'll never get to see it, but it will probably never live up to the 100 year hype anyway.

Wow. That sounds like some super pretentious lameass project. Given the multitude of directions the world could go in a 100 years, I'd say there's a really good chance that people will either 1) forget about the whole damn thing 2) watch it and be like..."What the fuck is this?" 3) technology will advance so far that people either can't or won't want to watch it or 4) it'll be lost in some kind of catastrophic natural disaster.

It's hard to make even a decent film these days, but to make one and say that it's SOOOO good to be preserved for 100 years is just like...wow, you must really love yourself quite a bit. Judging from the preview, it doesn't look to be a particularly good film.

Man, there are just so many signs of self-aggrandizement here that it's kind of disgusting.

Unless this whole thing is a joke, like some kind of ad campaign. Cuz the premise of the whole idea sounds like a fucking joke.

Alright. I'm pretty sure this thing is a joke, and they got me.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Hahahaha.... Snoop. The above rant amused me greatly
07-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Spyder, I can only see movie theaters existing in the future if they become cinebistros or films go to the next level beyond IMAX 3D and become really immersive. Cinebistro is actually a lot of fun to go to but there aren't too many around. That or if I can get some shitty nachos and a drink for under $20
07-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Cobb just opened a Luxury theater in Tyrone, and Studio Movie Grill is building a new location in the Seminole area. So they tend to be the trend lately, at least in this area. Luxury theaters are the only ones that I will consider going to at this point, unless I'm checking out a Pixar matinee with the kids.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/baybuzz/it...ll/2283446

07-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Dude, it's like you've never even been to a movie before. I go to the one on Swann Ave in Tampa. I can wait for my movie and have a beer, eat a meal just as good as what I get from most restaurants and watch a movie in a recliner.
07-07-2016, 11:56 PM
(07-07-2016 11:53 AM)Snoop Wrote:  Wow. That sounds like some super pretentious lameass project. Given the multitude of directions the world could go in a 100 years, I'd say there's a really good chance that people will either 1) forget about the whole damn thing 2) watch it and be like..."What the fuck is this?" 3) technology will advance so far that people either can't or won't want to watch it or 4) it'll be lost in some kind of catastrophic natural disaster.

It's hard to make even a decent film these days, but to make one and say that it's SOOOO good to be preserved for 100 years is just like...wow, you must really love yourself quite a bit. Judging from the preview, it doesn't look to be a particularly good film.

Man, there are just so many signs of self-aggrandizement here that it's kind of disgusting.

Unless this whole thing is a joke, like some kind of ad campaign. Cuz the premise of the whole idea sounds like a fucking joke.

Alright. I'm pretty sure this thing is a joke, and they got me.

Buddy its a real thing. I'm thinking of cryogenically freezing myself just so I can see it, I'm a big John Malkovich fan lollol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)