Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Froch to retire?
10-16-2014, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 09:06 PM by ViperSniper.)
Froch to retire?
Apparently if he doesn't land a fight with Chavez Jr he will most likely retire! I think Froch is in a position where he has plenty of options to take and they all make dollars and they all make sense!

If not Chavez, there is rematches with Kessler or Ward to be made. A fight with Golovkin or maybe try his chances at Light Heavyweight?

If I were Froch I'd try land as many big fights as possible before I'd retire. He is in too good a position to just retire when there is so many decent fights and big money to be made. He is still decent and far from being a shot fighter too.

How much left does Froch have and how should Froch try close out his career?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Froch to retire?
I think Froch in his fights with Groves felt the 37 years old that he is. I think he can tell he's a bit past his best now and he probably wants to get out before he turns into one of those guys that strings together a half dozen losses. He seems like a smart dude. His style is one of those that isn't great for longevity. I could see him bailing if he doesn't land a huge fight just because other fights become more risky for him now.
10-17-2014, 08:36 AM
I thought he looked terrific in the Groves rematch...but at the same time he must realise the amount of effort, mental and physical, it took at 37 to get himself in that shape. He's not gonna be able to do that for any old fight.

But at the same time in boxing you have to 'spit or get off the pot'. If Froch only wants to take certain fights then he should relinquish his status as champion and just be a big event fighter.

And that goes for any champion who only wants to fight two or three people in the whole division.

Black
10-17-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 08:42 AM by ViperSniper.)
Froch could get decent money moving up and fighting Pascal..even Dawson. The fights may not mean much at this point but they are winnable fights that could pay well and add another name to his resume. That's if he wanted to be selective, closing his career out. His earned the right to.
10-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Who gives a shit. He's been threatening retirement since the Super Six loss.

I find it more interesting that you've started like ten of the 15 threads on the front page of the boards.
10-17-2014, 09:36 PM
He may as well retire, not much left for him.

His run at 168 is pretty much at a dead end with Ward there, no interest in a rematch. If he wants to retire, then retire and he will be doing the right thing. He has had a good run, all that's left for him is money fights and I think he knows that. If he wants money, he should fight some other UK based fighters and have some local fights.
Nothing really relevant for him at 168 (other than Ward, if he wants to go down that path again which I don't see much of a point), and I don't see much for him at 175 either, he won't hang with the top dogs there.
10-17-2014, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 09:57 PM by ViperSniper.)
(10-17-2014 09:16 AM)Method Wrote:  Who gives a shit. He's been threatening retirement since the Super Six loss.

I find it more interesting that you've started like ten of the 15 threads on the front page of the boards.

Yes..very interesting. I could actually start another 5 threads if you like! lol

Despite Froch's age I still feel he has a good 2 or so fights in him. Froch has the power to land a couple of big fights based on his name and rep. I would try my luck against Ward again and then gun a money fight with either Kessler, Golovkin or Pascal if he can't get a fight with Chavez.

Ward would beat him again, but why not give it another shot if your in a position to get a rematch & I'd also pick Golovkin too. However the reward on it's own may be worth the risk for both fights. Froch as a very good chance of beating the rest of names mentioned.
10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
I'd like to see him fight Chavez and then DeGale.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
10-19-2014, 09:34 AM
It sounds like the Chavez fight will happen early next year.

That will be fun.
10-25-2014, 12:34 AM
(10-17-2014 09:50 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(10-17-2014 09:16 AM)Method Wrote:  Who gives a shit. He's been threatening retirement since the Super Six loss.

Yes..very interesting. I could actually start another 5 threads if you like! lol

Yes, do so Viper! It generates discussion and you come up with some interesting topics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Katsidis set to retire Fitz 4 3,242 02-18-2013 04:11 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)