Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Tony Abbott - Tough Guy Australian Prime Minister
11-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Tony Abbott - Tough Guy Australian Prime Minister
I have to admit that I don't know much about Tony Abbott or Australian politics for that matter.

That said I've been reading about Tony Abbott with the G20 meeting and from afar he is entirely likable. Two things that stick out about him:

1.) he was an amateur boxer
2.) he's the only world leader with the balls to stand up to Putin - Quote: "I'm going to shirt-front Mr. Putin." Apparently in Australian football this means that he's going to knock Putin down.

I'd love to know that Abbott is as cool as the brief resume above would suggest. Any Australians here who could reinforce this image would be encouraged to do so.

The free world needs more Abbotts!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Tony Abbott - Tough Guy Australian Prime Minister
(11-15-2014 02:03 PM)salvador Wrote:  I have to admit that I don't know much about Tony Abbott or Australian politics for that matter.

That said I've been reading about Tony Abbott with the G20 meeting and from afar he is entirely likable. Two things that stick out about him:

1.) he was an amateur boxer
2.) he's the only world leader with the balls to stand up to Putin - Quote: "I'm going to shirt-front Mr. Putin." Apparently in Australian football this means that he's going to knock Putin down.

I'd love to know that Abbott is as cool as the brief resume above would suggest. Any Australians here who could reinforce this image would be encouraged to do so.

The free world needs more Abbotts!

I don't know Sal, I'll let you be the judge of that.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-15-2014, 06:25 PM
What is it with liberals that makes them think that's ok?
11-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Haha, I was also going to post a picture of Abbott in his speedo's.

I liked that part about 'shirt fronting' Mr Putin, it is a term used in AFL football with an illegal and aggressive hit from the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZWe4yjq4-k

I liked it because he fucked up while saying it and they kept playing it on the radio... "you be you are, you bet I am" , haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4T7cfJqa7s

Some things I dislike, but one thing I do like about him is that he is against the asylum seekers/illegal immigration.
11-15-2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
11-15-2014, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 07:43 PM by and the NEW.)
haha, Abbott is probably the worst public speaker in history. He sounds like a broken record.

I would like to see him ice Putin though. Mobilizing warships to an international conference, what a wanker.

Abbott on Putin: "trying to recreate the lost glories of tsarism or the old Soviet Union."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/vladimir-pu...-1.2835021

hahahaha

Look at the size difference in the photo, Abbott would squash him like a bug.
11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Totally hilarious clip.

That's the first funny thing I've seen from that show. The few clips I've seen have been tedious but I'll give it another shot.
11-15-2014, 07:51 PM
(11-15-2014 07:16 PM)Decagon Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk

Hahah, watching that, I totally forgot how he was at a loss for words when asked about the 'context' in how he said 'shit happens' in reference to a soldier that died.
11-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Abbott pissed off a lot of woman with his whole "No, means Yes!" Slogan when going up against the former female prime minister Julia Gillard lol
11-15-2014, 09:22 PM
(11-15-2014 07:42 PM)salvador Wrote:  Totally hilarious clip.

That's the first funny thing I've seen from that show. The few clips I've seen have been tedious but I'll give it another shot.

Well, look at the titles of some of his segments:
  • "State Legislatures and ALEC"
  • "Civil Forfeiture"
  • "Scottish Independence"
  • "Predatory Lending"
  • "Erdogan's Grand Palace"

He has a very clear target audience, and it's decidedly educated and left-wing.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Prime Tracy McGrady could compete with prime Michael Jordan 1 on 1 FernandoDaDonLOM 0 1,743 08-22-2014 12:30 AM
Last Post: FernandoDaDonLOM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)