Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

See TheTeddyBear fight. See TheTeddyBear win.
03-27-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: See TheTeddyBear fight. See TheTeddyBear win.
it'll sound weird but the moment that I get the biggest rush and everything hits me all at once is when the mouthpiece goes in for the first time wether it be at the start of the ring walk or in the corner of the ring about to be announced, without failure when the mouthpiece goes in at those moments if it's going to be a good night I'll have a dry heaving fit, nothing huge because I've learned to keep it tamed pretty well over the years, But it's at that moment when the mouthpiece goes in my eyes go closed and the world melts around me only for a minute and I know I'm in the right place in shape or not out gunned or not, I know there's no turning back it's just me and the guy trying to hurt me across the ring. that's when I get the biggest rush

believe it or not what I enjoy most is trying to out think the other guy, I know I look like the typical bull in throw punches fuck the science kind of fighter but I'm really not, only out of shape haha, I love the million different ways you can approach an opponent abd the million different counters they can try to come up with for your attack. I enjoy the fact that one mistake could be the end for either guy. Mainly just enjoy boxing in general its a sport I'm absolutely in love with and nothing will ever change that,

I completely get what you're saying with wanting to kick it up sparring. there's nothing in the world that can compare to fueling that primal beast we all have inside

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 09:40 AM by salvador.)
My favorite Tyson line is: "To be a world champion fighter you have to be a world champion liar."

The "out thinking" your opponent is the most interesting aspect of boxing and the hardest for commentators to express. Between footwork and feints, there's just not a lot to talk about and yet together the "dance" is the most fundamental aspect of boxing that guys can actually improve upon.

Malignaggi is the first commentator I've ever heard who focuses on that aspect of the game and it's why he's the best boxer/commentator out there.
07-08-2015, 06:48 AM
https://youtu.be/xcClFkDQOgA

Is not a W but let me know what you think, and i would love to hear opinions on the stoppage

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-08-2015, 08:36 AM
(07-08-2015 06:48 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  https://youtu.be/xcClFkDQOgA

Is not a W but let me know what you think, and i would love to hear opinions on the stoppage

What makes you even tougher TB is being able to post a video of you suffering defeat! I must say it was kind of tough watching you go down!

I personally thought you looked finished in the final knockdown..but then it looked like something ticked inside you and were ready to turn things around. Unfortunately by that point, the ref had noticed the punches you absorbed beforehand instead.

I feel you could have continued & feel you were ready to.
07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
You looked more fatigued than hurt, TB. Punches that you easily absorbed in the first couple of rounds were having an effect on you in the last round. Even your head movement slowed. You definitely weren't too hurt to continue, but your gas tank was running on empty. It was a good showing though. The dude couldn't do much when you had the energy to throw punches.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2015, 10:25 AM
I think you looked hurt initially, but once you took a knee and stood up you looked ok. The way you stepped forward into the ref may have persuaded his decision.

Great fight. I enjoyed watching that - nice one.
07-10-2015, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 06:39 AM by and the NEW.)
Teddy, you have some good subtle skills in there. But man, you gassed towards the end, you were just flicking your punches out there with nothing on them.

Sorry bud, tough love coming.

You are grossly overweight (300lbs at 6'0" tall), which can't help with your stamina.

The main thing you look to be lacking is the ability (probably because of work/family responsibilities) to train properly, eat properly and compete after a tremendous preparation every time out. Unfortunately, without that, in a sport like boxing where most guys will prepare well given the physical risks, it makes life very hard for you!

Get your training and diet right (which requires a real balanced lifestyle) and your results will change.

You got balls and skills, but not the preparation, and a lot of boxing results come down to preparation. Until you get serious about that, you will continue to go down the same path.

That is all just my opinion of course. Everybody has one. So take from it what you will.
07-10-2015, 02:07 PM
(07-10-2015 06:35 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Teddy, you have some good subtle skills in there. But man, you gassed towards the end, you were just flicking your punches out there with nothing on them.

Sorry bud, tough love coming.

You are grossly overweight (300lbs at 6'0" tall), which can't help with your stamina.

The main thing you look to be lacking is the ability (probably because of work/family responsibilities) to train properly, eat properly and compete after a tremendous preparation every time out. Unfortunately, without that, in a sport like boxing where most guys will prepare well given the physical risks, it makes life very hard for you!

Get your training and diet right (which requires a real balanced lifestyle) and your results will change.

You got balls and skills, but not the preparation, and a lot of boxing results come down to preparation. Until you get serious about that, you will continue to go down the same path.

That is all just my opinion of course. Everybody has one. So take from it what you will.

Tony Tubbs says fuck you, ATN!

Big Grin

Black
07-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Teddy Bear vs Butterbean, 6rds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Every fight I've won ate fights that i was laid off from work and dedicated, right now I'm working 7am-7pm everyday abs squeezing time in for a pregnant wife and two kids, i love boxing so i refuse to stop because i can't train like everybody else I'll do the best with i what i hit, my eating habits are in the process of changing though

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recent artcle from Vice Magazine's FightLand featuring our very own TheTeddyBear Romulus9 25 20,366 07-06-2014 08:15 AM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)