Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
12-06-2014, 01:48 AM
It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
The new Honda ads with Skeletor, Jem, G.I. Joe, Stretch Armstrong and Strawberry Shortcake have really got me doing some nostalgic thinking.

I can actually still recall the smell of opening up Masters of the Universe!

Anybody out there recall that awesome feeling when you got home from school to find that the new Sears Wish Book had arrived???

Here is a page from the 84 issue....even the scrub line ups kicked ass...Manglord and Crystar were AWESOME!!!

Tell me these are not awesome....the Hulk Rage Cage and then the blow up arms a kid could wear....today's toys have zero imagination.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 08:16 AM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
Wow...I fucking love looking at those old toys.

Does anyone remember Monster in my Pocket? I went bat shit crazy collecting those after getting a starter pack for Christmas.

Black
12-06-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
Now you're speaking my language. I couldn't WAIT to get those old Sears and JC Penny's Wishbooks come late November.

Kids today blow, with their little fucking iPads and shit.

Even though we didn't have a lot of money growing up, my mom always found a way to make Christmas special, and have a tree full of toys come Christmas morning.

There was a lot of cool stuff we had, from Transformers and G.I. Joe, to the more obscure stuff like Bravestar and Silverhawks.

Like B.G., He-Man is what I cut my teeth on, but my favorite toy that I ever received was the Rambo figure I got from the Rambo and the Force of Freedom line.

I remember seeing my brother's friend with one and being totally fucking mesmerized. (I was a massive Rambo fan.) To his credit, he let me play with it all day, but my inner-sliver of hope that he'd let me keep it forever was dashed when he took it back when it was time for him to leave.

I don't if you guys know this, but those Rambo figures were insanely expensive at the time, maybe around $10?, which was huge in the 80's. Too expensive for a poor mom to really afford. But man, did Santa Claus come through.

So yeah, that Rambo figure is tops for me. I played with it for YEARS. He kicked the shit out of all my other toys. Chuck Norris and his Karate Kommando pussies, He-Man, all those guys got beat down.

I've still got that Rambo figure. I usually keep him on my nightstand or whatever. It's just such a happy memory for me. I couldn't bear to let it go.

Anytime I've ever had to fly to another country for an extended period of time, I always take him with me.

Anyway, cheers to B.G. for this thread. Old childhood memories and nostalgia threads get me every single time.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Green Machine!

12-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Buying things for me was simple. Find something with Knight Rider or Airwolf on it, and I'm going to lose my mind with excitement.

Come to think of it, that really hasn't changed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2014, 06:44 PM
growing up if I got anything Hulk Hogan I flipped shit, running around ripping my shirt calling everybody brother singing real American, my fondest memory of Christmas is receiving a Hulk dress up kit complete with the rip away shirt I remember leg dropping an expecting dad laying on the floor building a wrestling cage I had gotten, I was like 8, I was also a 120lb 8 year old

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
12-06-2014, 07:19 PM
lol

I know a lot of people liked Hogan, but I was never a Hogan or WWF fan when I was a kid. It was always too cartoonish to me. WCW was where it was at in the 80's/90's as far as my young mind was concerned. I tended to like the bad guys (Rick Rude, Stunning Steve Austin & Flyin' Brian Pillman, etc..), though I think my absolute favorite baby-face had to be Sting.

I remember getting a Sting & Luger 2-pack once for Christmas. I can't tell you how many matches I staged with those guys. (Only for some reason my Sting had red pants, not blue ones like in the first picture.)

12-06-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 07:36 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
Hulk MADE WCW

Rom and I had an idea to intimidate an opponent once, paint my daughter face like sting and have her constantly walk by my opponent with a little bat on her shoulder

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
12-06-2014, 08:52 PM
He helped it surpass the WWF in ratings during the Monday Night wars, but for pure wrestling entertainment I preferred WCW before The Hulkster arrived. Once Hogan came in with his guaranteed contract, he brought a ton of other aging wrestlers with him.

On the flip side, WCW would end up losing a lot of their young up-and-coming talent to the WWF. Austin, HHH, Jericho, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Ray Mysterio, etc... all ended becoming huge stars for the WWF, while WCW kept on collecting WWF's relics at the tail-end of their careers.

I think losing Hogan was the best thing that ever happened to the WWF. It allowed new blood like Austin and the Rock to rise to the top. WCW, meanwhile, no longer had the ability to create superstars (other than Goldberg).

Long story short, Hogan had a great career and meant a lot to a lot of people. I'm not trying to disparage him in any way. But for me, I was just never a fan really, except when he became Hollywood Hogan. But even then, it wasn't his in-ring abilities that won me over, it was his heel shtick. That was quite enjoyable.

For pure wrestling though, the NWA/WCW provided a much better product than the WWF right up until the companies flip-flopped the majority of their rosters (with the exception of Sting and Shawn Michaels.)

12-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Great thread. Some of my fav Christmas presents over the years were these..

+

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)