Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

TAPIA: HBO Original Documentary
12-18-2014, 01:12 AM
TAPIA: HBO Original Documentary
What a great flick this is. If you haven't seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I was thoroughly surprised by how encompassing it was; from his time as a child, right up to his death.

It's on HBOGo right now.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: TAPIA: HBO Original Documentary
I don't have HBO but I've been buzzing to get a hold of this doco. Checked youtube but couldn't find it. Also tried to find a torrent for it, but no dice.
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2014, 02:04 PM
You can watch a live HBO SD feed in Woody's USTV channels with Phoenix. You'll just need to check the replay schedule.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
(12-18-2014 07:09 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I don't have HBO but I've been buzzing to get a hold of this doco. Checked youtube but couldn't find it. Also tried to find a torrent for it, but no dice.

https://kickass.so/tapia-hbo-documentary...74958.html

I downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet. I've been wanting to watch this for a while.
12-20-2014, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 03:13 AM by and the NEW.)
Just watched it, it was very touching. Particularly him saying that he is still waiting at the door for his mother to return. My old man died when I was young and it definitely leaves a huge hole and something you realise you can never fill. I can't even imagine having no parents to raise you though. I used to have nightmares that my mother also died and Johnny actually lived that nightmare!

That's the main thing I love about the sport of boxing, the guys you meet all have a story to tell. They all think a bit different. You just don't get the same kind of characters anywhere else in life.
12-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Tapia was one of my favorites. Always. I will never forget the night he beat Henry Martinez in The Pit in Albuquerque for the first world title. The Romero fight is one of the most passionate nights of boxing I've ever seen, both for what it was and what it meant.

Cried the day I found out he died. I won't make it through the documentary without tears. Not ashamed of it. I know it's coming. Looked forward to this film being released for a long time. Recorded the premiere on my DVR and haven't brought myself to watch it yet. Gonna be tough but I'll probably watch tomorrow.

RIP Johnny.
12-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Watched in last night, and it was pretty good viewing. His whole life was a train wreck.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)