Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound?
01-02-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound?
Lots more of those theaters that do the whole dinner thing now starting out here. The entire experience is about to shift. The way we've enjoyed movies for our lives is about to be history.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Not far from me, we have the movie lounges where they sell alcohol and the seats actually become like business class seats on a plane.

While I do agree that the experience itself is in for a shift, I don't see them going the way of extinction.
01-02-2015, 11:35 AM
You actually reserve your seat in advance. They have far less seats than a typical theater, and there is a seating chart online when you book your reservation. The theater I go to asks that you arrive a half hour before the start time. Servers take you to your seats and get your drink/food orders. Service is similar to a nicer restaurant...not high-end, but nice. They all leave the theater when the show starts, but you can still order whatever you want from the bar at that point.

Pricing is a little less than dinner at Ruth's Chris.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2015, 08:39 PM
I always hit up a cinebistro over a regular theater. But regular theaters arent that bad, if anything I think prices need to drop. I went to see something with my girl and tickets for imax alone were $40 for both of us, it's about $70 with food and drinks. If I'm spending that kind of money I want my only little section with the leather seats and real food
01-03-2015, 03:08 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/4-Big-Rea...55-p2.html
4 Big Reasons People Aren't Going To The Movies Anymore
01-03-2015, 03:10 AM
Quote:While I do agree that the experience itself is in for a shift, I don't see them going the way of extinction.

the way they are is going way of extinction.
01-03-2015, 03:20 AM
Any of you hate going to the movies on a weekend? Little teenagers everywhere and you're lucky to find seats. You can't go hangout with your friends and enjoy a movie at my age. You've got to hit up redbox.
01-03-2015, 07:48 PM
(01-03-2015 03:10 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  
Quote:While I do agree that the experience itself is in for a shift, I don't see them going the way of extinction.

the way they are is going way of extinction.

That's fair...I think we are saying the same thing. It is semantics at this point.

I don't see theaters becoming extinct, but yes...I do see a shift in the services offered.
01-04-2015, 06:06 PM
(01-02-2015 09:32 AM)JD Wrote:  Not far from me, we have the movie lounges where they sell alcohol and the seats actually become like business class seats on a plane.

While I do agree that the experience itself is in for a shift, I don't see them going the way of extinction.

We have a Cinebistro by us. You can make reservations and pick your seat in advance. Limited seating. "Love Chairs" - which are basically small couches which are large and comfortable, w cupholders on either side, and fold down trays. Waiters come through and take your order off a menu pre-moving, and they run everything out to you as the previews and what not are rolling. Full liquor bar. Once the movie starts, the wait service stops, but you can get up and grab your own shit. Food is actually decent for a movie theater.

Couches are also good for gettin busy.

The Imax theaters are pretty dope too.
01-05-2015, 04:28 AM
I haven't tried any of the hooked up theaters yet. I'm gonna have a date night with the wife and do it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)