Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound?
12-30-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound?
What's really weird is that b-movies (like bad horror movies that are made for 5 mil) and killing it at the theaters. A-movie (movies that are by great directors and writers) are getting straight to VOD or streaming. It's like things switched places over the past 25 years.

"The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death"

The first one sucked and I only saw it with a girl for a date (which ended it success), but a sequel for a boring movie without anyone from the original getting a theatrical release? I see ads for this and it's still confusing. I wanted to get into writing movies, but TV seems the way to go whilst being able to tell longer stories. Original film ideas are becoming a rarity. Everything is based off something else. A movie based of the game Battleship? A movie based of the fucking Ouija board?!?!! WHAT?! Then you go onto television and get legit writing and directing with Sherlock, Luther and True Detective. That's why theaters and even movies are dying. All the big actors are coming back to television because they see it. I don't mind that one bit. Although, Network tv is dying. So it will all be streaming and VOD for TV eventually. I had a TV on for Xmas and all the ads. I was watching the Lions play Sunday and there were so many ads that I forgot what I was watching. HBO is taking their first steps into the game by soon offering HBO GO as a subscription. If I can get that, Netflix and a few others without having to pay Comcast for service? I'm sold.

That being said... if a movie looks like and event. I will go to the theater, but not for some shit like The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death... unless the night ends the same way. Talkin bout sex, y'all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound? - JD - 12-29-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound? - JD - 12-29-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound? - Jeff Sorensen - 12-30-2014 04:12 PM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound? - JD - 01-02-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Are Movie Theaters Arcade Bound? - JD - 01-03-2015, 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)