Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

JJ vs DC
01-04-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: JJ vs DC
I've not seen the fight yet, only had chance to read a few brief articles about it.

I read that Jones dominated with elbows and knees close range and took DC down two or three times, with DC scoring a moral takedown in the fifth.

I read that Jones blasted DC in the post fight, too?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 06:10 AM
I actually enjoy watching Jones do his thing and enjoyed the fight except for the final round where most of it was at a clinch, with no serious initiation from either until the end.
DC hurt Jones a couple of times but Jones has that balance and structure.
01-04-2015, 05:00 PM
(01-04-2015 05:07 AM)ROLLDEEP Wrote:  I've not seen the fight yet, only had chance to read a few brief articles about it.

I read that Jones dominated with elbows and knees close range and took DC down two or three times, with DC scoring a moral takedown in the fifth.

I read that Jones blasted DC in the post fight, too?

Jones dominated? I guess I missed that, and I watch fights sober. The first 3 rounds were a coin toss. 4th was clearly Jones, the 5th was NOTHING but wall-and-stall and hug-and-hold by Jones. Neither guy really did anything at all for the great majority of the 5th.

It was, by and large, a massively boring and disappointing performance by both men. It was the least exciting match Jones has ever been in. I can understand why his nuthuggers would be happy with the W, but it was honestly just a rather dull and pointless affair.

Jones has really been racking up damage as of late too. Gus busted him up, he hurt his toe against Chael, nearly had his arm broken against Vitor, had a fat lip and bleeding after the DC fight. For all his talent, Jones has been taking a lot of damage in his last 5 or 6 fights, something we never saw from Anderson, GSP, or Fedor in their primes. I don't know how much longer he can last before his body starts breaking down on him. He's just not a very durable fighter.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
01-04-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't like Jones but he did what he had to in there. Cormier is a beast and I give props to Jones for beating him.

Should Cormier move back up to heavy? His face looked a bit sunken in at the weigh in and his subpar cardio indicates that maybe 205 isn't the best place for him.
01-04-2015, 06:08 PM
DC is a bit of an anomaly in the fact that even at 205 he looks a little flabby in the midsection. He could probably make 185 if he wanted to.

01-05-2015, 04:04 AM
It just didn't live up to the hype. it was a good fight, just not great.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)