Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jon Jones a Crackhead?
01-04-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: Jon Jones a Crackhead?
(01-04-2019 11:11 AM)KingEugene Wrote:  But wasn't DC the LHW champ though? There was no issue with him sucking down when he started at HW then went down to LHW. He lost to Jones twice, goes back to HW but him fighting at LHW again is sucking down?

I don't see a point for a third DC fight personally but if DC wants no parts of Jones then stop speaking about or referencing him all together.

How many people go out of their way to be disadvantaged? Doesn't make sense to me.

He was - now he is a HW. He is the HW champ...why would he fight anywhere else? He beat Miocic and defended the title against Lewis, he hasn't fought below heavy in a year.

His second loss to Jones is a no contest because Jones cheated...that's solely on Bones, no one else.

DC moving down to Lt Heavy would be disadvantaging himself...Jones moving up to heavy would mean not sucking weight. I think Cormier moving down is much tougher than Jones moving up. But as I said, even if Jones feels that helps DC the slightest bit, he won't do it...because, as we know, he is a proven cheater. So with that, Jones should stop talking about fighting DC and stick with the approach that he is here to dominate Lt Heavy. That would also mean not talking about Lesnar as well, because he obviously isn't dropping to Lt Heavy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2019, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 01:30 PM by KingEugene.)
Anytime Jones have been in the headlines since his return, DC has always had something to say. Whether it be a direct comment or an indirect jab.

I understood your point initially about stepping up in weight to challenge yourself but I don't disagree with putting yourself at a total disadvantage especially if you're not going to be well compensated for it.

My point was it wasn't a problem with him "sucking down" before Jones came along and beat him twice.

No, I wasn't the kid to play video games much and I don't play them at all now. But to your point, I challenge myself physically quite often. Main reason why I competed when I did. Even fought 13 pounds heavier than I should've against guys who always had a 3-5 inch height advantage and reach advantage over me. And guess what... I still beat them and have the championships to prove it. So miss me with that not challenging myself and wanting everything the easy way.

None of the top 5 guys at LHW would be easy fights. Did you keep that same energy when Ward was at 168 and GGG wouldn't come up to fight him?

(01-04-2019 12:09 PM)JD Wrote:  He was - now he is a HW. He is the HW champ...why would he fight anywhere else? He beat Miocic and defended the title against Lewis, he hasn't fought below heavy in a year.

His second loss to Jones is a no contest because Jones cheated...that's solely on Bones, no one else.

DC moving down to Lt Heavy would be disadvantaging himself...Jones moving up to heavy would mean not sucking weight. I think Cormier moving down is much tougher than Jones moving up. But as I said, even if Jones feels that helps DC the slightest bit, he won't do it...because, as we know, he is a proven cheater. So with that, Jones should stop talking about fighting DC and stick with the approach that he is here to dominate Lt Heavy. That would also mean not talking about Lesnar as well, because he obviously isn't dropping to Lt Heavy.
Ruled a NC but he was still stopped. I don't care what the end ruling officially is.

Whether they're moving up or down both will be at a supposed disadvantage. Can't favor one more than the other. I give DC credit for disadvantaging himself in going down. Jon is DC's krypto. I don't see him beating Jones at any weight based off styles alone.
01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
But if he used PED’s to beat him, it’s fair to say he cheated and thus shouldn’t be given the credit for beating him...no?

I don’t see how Jones puts himself at a disadvantage by not sucking weight, whereas DC sucking weight is a clear disadvantage.

I’m far from an MMA expert...I know boxing far better. To a guy like me, Jones would be terrific without the PED’s...but alas, we will never know.

As it relates to DC and his comments...he’s pissed, and he should be. Jones cheated to win, and PED’s in a sport where you can literally kill someone is a lot different than Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds juicing. So the whole found God and changed shtick gets tired. Jones is the only one calling for a third fight, so if he wants it, he can’t expect DC to drop his title and go back to Lt Heavy. At the same time, if I’m DC I’m telling him to earn a shot at my belt while remaining clean.
01-04-2019, 02:25 PM
I'm only interested in seeing DC-Jones III if it's at heavyweight. And it's only fair considering all the bullshit Jones has put DC through. Jones is naturally a heavyweight himself, so I don't see the problem.
01-05-2019, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2019 02:36 AM by ViperSniper.)
(01-04-2019 02:25 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I'm only interested in seeing DC-Jones III if it's at heavyweight. And it's only fair considering all the bullshit Jones has put DC through. Jones is naturally a heavyweight himself, so I don't see the problem.

A third would have to be at Heavyweight. It would make more sense, add more to their feud & have more on the line..being for the HW title.

As you mentioned with all the BS it would only be fair too.
I get the impression a third fight at HW is more interesting & competitive than a third at LHW also.

However, from what I've seen from both men & both fights, it won't really make a difference as Jones appears to not only be in DC's head BUT have his number too. Jones looks like he will always have it over DC, regardless of circumstances..

How would Brock Lesnar & Jon Jones look? Is that a fight Jones wins?..

Also..how would have Silva-Jones looked had they fought before the Weidman upset(s)?
01-07-2019, 03:19 AM
Brock is too old now, and he's had a few stomach surgeries. Jones can just kick him in the stomach until he keels over. A prime Brock would be more interesting, but even then he's way too limited compared to Jon Jones. Jones has the wrestling background to hang with him, and he would probably pick Brock apart.

Silva was too small for Jones, and his ground game wasn't very strong. Jones would've manhandled him.
01-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Jones/Brock looks alot like Brock/Cain

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Don’t know if you guys are still following this, but Jones has tested positive multiples times for steroids since the Gustaffson rematch.

USADA keeps saying that he is testing positive for shit he took the last time he tested positive, and that they don’t think he’s taken anything since then (even though his most recent test showed higher levels than previous ones).

Jones said the turanibol (which he claimed to have never taken) could stay in his system for up to 7 years, which will be a great excuse he can fall back on every single time he pisses hot again (which will be every time).

It’s amazing. The most recent positive tests which show the new steroids Jon never took are bogus, because they are really showing trace amount from the old steroids he never took. And Jon looks forward to proving his innocence.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
01-29-2019, 12:39 AM
I saw that. Sadly it seemed unworthy of mentioning since they’ve built in this excuse about it magically reappearing in trace amounts whenever he tests positive.
01-29-2019, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2019 12:49 AM by ViperSniper.)
This sounds like one big joke! Jon Jones is the UFC fighter that has impressed me most out of any I've seen, but the more I hear him talk and the more I hear about him..he really does come across like an arrogant piece of shit! The guy thinks way too highly of himself! I don't want Jon's career to just decline but to drop off a cliff.

It's also funny how the title to this thread from over 4 years ago has now become Jon Jones's official thead here!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)