Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Rocky Juarez Retires
01-27-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 05:44 PM by salvador.)
Rocky Juarez Retires
Rocky Juarez fought last night and lost his 7th fight in his last 9 outings.

I had no idea he was still fighting.

It was a sad affair as it was clear his heart wasn't close to being in it. The crowd did everything to keep him in it, chanting "Rocky Rocky Rocky" throughout the fight, but he just didn't have the goods. He was knocked down 3 times including twice in the final round.

His opponent, Robinson Castallanos, is actually a decent fighter in spite of his 20-10 record, but the Juarez of old would have demolished him.

I always liked Juarez a lot and his first fight with Barrera was a high point for boxing. But last night was a total bummer.

He must have made at least $3-5MM in his career and he obviously pissed it away or he wouldn't still be in the ring. Brutal brutal sport.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Rocky Juarez Retires
Damn he lost to Jason Litzau? I fucking hate that guy.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Juarez was one of those guys that peaked in his career super early and faded quick; His prime had come and gone by his mid-late 20's. I thought I just read earlier today or yesterday that he was lining himself up for another title shot (somehow) but evidently that isn't the case if he just retired.
01-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Poor Rocky. I always liked the guy. Him and Juan Diaz just fell off the face of the Earth.
01-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Litzau! there's a name I haven't seen in ages, He was a terrible flop himself, they were playing him up HUGE The American Boy! pretty clean cut white kid they ate that shit up but ultimately he proved to be nothing more than a fringe contender

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-27-2015, 10:21 PM
He just annoyed the crap out of me in many ways, but I think it peaked when he called himself "the white Sugar Ray Leonard". I think whoever was interviewing him gave him a look too.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2015, 12:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtRK7IOR...ata_player

his farewell bout

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)