Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

I need to vent....
10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I need to vent....
Memo to all heterosexual males -

#1. The mother of the woman you marry is the woman your wife will become, most likely. This is especially true physically but is most importantly true relative to their behavior in relationships. If the mother is a fat, beastly domineering bitch, the daughter, no matter how beautiful, sexy, sweet and wonderful she may seem, is likely to become a fat, beastly, domineering bitch.

If the mother prefers sleeping in a separate bedroom from the father . . . well.

#2. Men are a means to an end for most women. Don't ever forget that. For most male heterosexual, serial monogamists women are the end that results in our children. We are far more emotionally tied up in the relationship than our women. This is generally true in most heterosexual relationships that involve the male being "in love."

It is especially true once biological children are involved. The man raises the woman up onto a pedestal post birth, in most cases. The woman redirects the vast majority of her focus to the children. The man thinks of the unit. The woman thinks of the children.

Women are pragmatic. Men are romantic. Think about the relationships that you have seen break up. Generally, women have a much easier time moving on, especially when the man is crushed emotionally and/or is "doing everything that he can" to fix the relationship.

The best hope that a man has is to be (or at least act) strong and indifferent - move on. If there is any hope for the relationship, the woman will pursue you. If she does not, she has found or is hunting down other means.

#3. The children are better off if you are both happy, together or separated/divorced. It is worse for them and their futures to live through your bad relationship. It will make it harder for them to have healthy/happy relationships.

#4. Life is short. Do not wait to be happy. Make it happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I need to vent....
Reality slap.
10-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I need to vent....
Been with my Mrs, mother of my two boys, a long long time now...probably longer than a lot of the posters over at FH have been alive.

Thing is, shit ain't ever got tired. She's a lucky girl. I'm a lucky boy.
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I need to vent....
How old are you Maxy?

Black
10-22-2011, 08:30 AM
I need to vent....
Maxy Wrote:Been with my Mrs, mother of my two boys, a long long time now...probably longer than a lot of the posters over at FH have been alive.

Thing is, shit ain't ever got tired. She's a lucky girl. I'm a lucky boy.
The way it should be.
10-25-2011, 01:24 AM
I need to vent....
I'm sick of studying for the Audit portion of the CPA exam....I'm sure audit is better in the real world than out of the textbook, but my God, talk about some intense detailed anal shit. It's a pain in the ass.

I'm happy to be graduated from college and starting a full-time job at a big 4 accounting firm (PwC) in tax on Jan. 3. It's a good company that treated me very well as an intern this past summer. A lot better than the accounting internship I had last fall/spring and now in industry.

Any other accounting nerds on this board?
10-25-2011, 01:42 AM
I need to vent....
God bless you for making the choice to deal with numbers for the rest of your working life...lol...I would go insane. Filing my taxes every year is all the numbers I can handle.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 02:46 AM
I need to vent....
My best friend has been in accounting since he graduated college. He passed all four of his CPA exams on his first try.

He makes over 150K right now. He never told me that, his wife did. He is very modest.

Well now I know why you are a Spinks fan... just like accounting they are both boring and frustrating.

Good luck with your career Kyle.
10-25-2011, 02:56 AM
I need to vent....
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:Well now I know why you are a Spinks fan... just like accounting they are both boring and frustrating.

Good luck with your career Kyle.
lol

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I need to vent....
Believe it or not, a career in accounting is less numbers than people think. At PwC, I did more research about laws and drafted memos more than anything else. It's a lot of pointing out changes in laws to companies,

It's more number crunching in a private accounting role though. Right now, I'm doing a lot of spreadsheets and reconciliations. That's a pain in the ass every month.

Apparantely not any accounting nerds up in here...It's ok. Spinks is a fun fighter to watch, check that fight out with Lattimore.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)