Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Year of Controversies!
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Method Wrote:
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:Hahaha.

I had two street bikes years ago, no crashes for me thankfully. But I knew a few guys who crashed and got some mean road rash. I am glad you were fine otherwise.
Oh dude, I was on a mountain bike riding the bridges for exercise. Went on a 15 mile ride just climbing and descending the ridges over and over. On the final descent back into the beach, I was flying down hill ~30MPH and we to hang a sharp turn and the tire blew. Fucking painful...like I was doused in gas and set on fire.

Funny shit. I was laying there...pissed...and a lady comes up "Are you alright? We need to call someone". I'm like, "Lady, I'm OK. I just got done ridin 15 miles. I more tired than anything (meanwhile, my whole arm and rob age is raw). I'm like, if you really, REALLY want to help, could you just go to that bodega and grab me a bottle of water?". And the bitch was like, I have no money". And I'm just thinking, "well get the fuck out of here then".

Fun times.
lol

Gotcha. Sorry man.

I would have been pissed too at that lady.

When I was a youngster I was a BMX racer for years, I actually was the PA points champion my final year of racing. Anyway, my oldest boy is 7 years old now and he loves to ride bikes for years now. So for his birthday this year I bought him a BMX mini bike. Thing was mad expensive but awesome, but he was scared to go on the track by himself on practice days. So I ended up buying a BMX bike for myself. Haha.

So this summer we went to a local track, along with my two nephews who are 14 and 16 years old. So my son took a break and me and my two nephews decided to race. Well long story short, coming down the first hill to the very first jump I fucking lost my footing in the air and came down on my nuts on the frame. lol My nephews were rolling making fun of me. Man and all the other riders there too. Man I felt like a big jackass. maybe I should have eased into it before thinking I could still do the things I did when I was young.

A couple of my buddies do the mountain bike thing, I just never tried it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Method Wrote:My jaw was literally on the floor as I watched the Mayweather/Ortiz fight unravel as fast as it did.

Last night....I mean, I was expecting something shady, not of this magnitude.

I guess I'm most disappointed in last nights result.

Ortiz was a "protect yourself at all times", and it was all legal, and, quite frankly, Ortiz deserved it after all that.

Last night was just WTF? Then the ref and the commission high tail it out of the arena and take cover. It just wreaks.

If last nights result is just conveniently swept under the rug and boxing tries to move on as if nothing happened ("nothing to see here"), I'll be real real disappointed.

They kind of brought undo attention on the fight w the Ripley's stuff and the wax statue, etc. Now the fight ended the way it did, and people are going to wanna know what the fuck.

Boxing needs to stand up and do the right thing, immediately.

Let Chad whup Bernard's ass, if that's what it's gonna be. Give Bernard a chance to school another young bull, of that's what it gonna be. But get some god damn closure. You can't end someone whose been an ambassador of the sport...you just can't end a career that way.

As for the Mosley shit...man...fuck Shane. Him and his hi-fiving...there's no controversy there...just shame.

The Abeko stuff, IMO, was definitely a foul.

I also thought Zab got hit low (Im in the minority, I know, but I see what I see). He would have had his ass kicked anyway, but still.

For me, May/Ortiz and Hops/Dawson are the biggest disappointments, because they were the match-ups I was most intrigued by. I can deal w the May Ortiz thing a little better...but my jaw was on the ground as that shit played out, even though I knew May was gonna do what he did as Ortiz kept apologizing.

By the way - Glad you made your way here, VSniper. Always enjoyed your opinions.
Although the Mayweather-Ortiz fight ended pretty fucked up at least the way it unfolded and ended was eventful! Not to mention see Mayweather lose his shit then Merchant telling Mayweather "If I was 50 years younger, I would kick your ass!". That on it's own was a sight to see.

Dawson-Hopkins was a fight I had been looking forward to for years and was a fight that I had great interest in. The fight hadn't even begin nor did either fighter start opening up but I was really enjoying the fight!! Both their styles looked good together and it seemed like it was going to be very tactical fight with some moments from both fighters!

A fight I've wanted to see for a long time was looking like a good fight and then ends in the 2nd round from an injury due to a fall!! Just a big tease and a big waste of time for me! How both fighters responded after the fight and how the decision of the ref to not call 'foul' it doesn't seem to appear we will see this fight any time sooner either. That is one very good, close matchup between to good boxers that we saw for a round and a half only due to an injury and may now never see again? Very disappointing!

Glad I made my way here too! You've always been one of the more knowledgeable posters around, so thanks for the words Method!
04-30-2020, 02:58 AM
RE: The Year of Controversies!
Bradley-Alexander for me
04-30-2020, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2020 10:38 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: The Year of Controversies!
Woah! 2011! What an interesting year of boxing that was..so much happened with not alot of closure or clarity!

Dawson-Hopkins I was such a fuckin massive mess & letdown. This frustrated me the most out of the lot as I really disliked Hopkins at this point, liked Bad Chad & knew he could beat B-Hop at the time!

Pacqiuao-Mosley was a car wreck to watch & just a horrible time to be a Mosley fan!

Mayweather-Ortiz looking back was the most controversial & most public of them all!

Mares-Agbeko was one of the worst ref'd fights from Russell Mora who would have been paid extra for his involvement that night!!

Williams-Lara may still be the worst robbery of all time. I'm not sure I gave Williams a single round with Lara winning majority of his rounds as one sided as you can, yet Williams won a wide UD! Worst robbery!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)