Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cross road fights (for fighters insisting to fight on)
11-26-2011, 06:19 PM
We know boxing never has fairy tale endings. When you want guys like Holyfield, Jones, Mosley, DLH, Toney, Trinidad to consider retirement/retire/or stay retired, majority of the times they will continue to fight on, or decide to make a one off comeback or something.
As a fan, I never want these guys to waste relevant fighters times by getting a fight against a top fighter based on there name. Lets say that these guys had to fight, what are good gloried exhibition/cross road fights that may be remotely interesting at this point in time?
  • DLH-Mosley III (Would be a good farewell/retirement fight for both)
  • Mosley-Margarito/Cotto loser II
  • Jones Jr-Toney II (could happen now, but Toney may have a life line with that injury and could be a loss away from resorting to this)
  • Taylor-Jones Jr (catchweight of some sort)
  • Taylor-Wright II (brother mentioned this)
  • Wright-Pavlik
  • Tarver-Toney (Tarver looked good against Green, and Toney looked bad in his last fight. Maybe Tarver is a good loss away from being demoted to a possible fight with Toney)

I know these aren't relevant fights, lol. But every now and again I get annoyed when fighters like this get a shot at some guy on the top, I was trying to think of good fights and the type of fights they should look at, and not take a spot away from a deserving fighter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Vargas-Trinidad II

Vargas-Hoya II

Mayorga-Trinidad II

Holyfield-Jones Jr.
11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
They should start a seniors tour like in golf. Let the old washed up ones fight each other rather than become a name on a carefully matched prospects resume.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cross Promotional Titles JONdaCON 2 342 10-11-2019 02:42 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Sad final fights from fighters. ViperSniper 19 5,346 04-07-2018 12:20 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Fighters who were never able to get in the fight ViperSniper 23 11,170 01-20-2017 06:44 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)