Fighters to never be seen on TV again
10-18-2011, 03:51 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:Sergio (the Latin Fake) Mora,

Rocky (no way is he Mexican) Juarez,

Allan (excuses) Green,

and

Devon (the not-so-great) Alexander.
Now that is a great list! Agree with all of them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:
JD Wrote:
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:
JD Wrote:Shane Mosley
Andre Berto
Mosley has left a terrible taste in my mouth, and he needs to redeem himself off TV before I show any interest in seeing him fight again.

Berto on the other hand is good for TV IMO, he makes for some fun sloppy wild fights. I always like to watch him fight. He just needs to improve his skills, with all that natural talent he has.
Berto's style is abysmal...it's like a young unrefined version of the shitty Mosley we have all been forced to watch since the first Vernon Forrest whooping.

Berto holds non-stop...he plods around...flurries. Blech...Andre Berto is terrible to watch.

As for Shane Mosley...no...no redemption, he must go away for good.
Ouch.

I guess I respectfully disagree about Berto. He does hold too much though. To me he has been in many entertaining brawls and gives it his all. Sure he does not posses the prettiest style, but sometimes I enjoy his crazy wild fast swinging bombs. His lack of defense makes things interesting too.

Mosley I can't argue with.
Yeah...I am not fond of that lunge in and hold...then flurry...then hold...then flurry. If he was moving inside and trying to hold his opponent in place to allow himself to work, I would be ok with it. But these guys that hold so they don't have to work are getting worse and worse - especially if they are young, athletic, and have the handpseed and pop of a guy like Berto.

Sure he has a shit chin and can looking impressive when he lets his hands go in bunches - but the time he spends hurt or punching pales in comparison to the time he spends holding.
10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
I'd love it if every professional boxing match was recorded somewhere on TV, even if it was just for internet or local TV station.

If we're talking which fighters should get prime live TV spots or PPV slots, then the following have outstayed their welcome and need to rebuild on a more lowly platform:

Shane Mosley (what a comedown for a guy who was my favourite fighter of the early 00's)
Victor Ortiz (proved he's not ready for the big stage...he needs to rebuild his confidence with as few people watching as possible)
Zab Judah (after that T-Rex of a fucking egg he laid last time)

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)