Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

SOURCES SAY KONCZ MEETING WITH ARUM TO DISCUSS MAYWEATHER FI
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
SOURCES SAY KONCZ MEETING WITH ARUM TO DISCUSS MAYWEATHER FIGHT FOR PACQUIAO
By Ben Thompson | November 22, 2011

Although 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao has yet to make an official announcment regarding his next opponent, multiple sources have informed us that his advisor, Michael Koncz, has traveled to Las Vegas to meet with promoter Bob Arum to discuss the possibility of making the long-awaited showdown with Floyd Mayweather a reality. "He's meeting with Bob [Arum] to make the Mayweather fight," one source revealed to us. Evidently, it's the fight that Pacquiao wants more than any other and Koncz has been told to speak to Arum about reaching out to Mayweather's camp in an effort to begin negotiations.

Pacquiao is coming off of a close and controversial majority decision victory over long-time rival?Juan Manuel Marquez, a fight that many observers believe he should have lost on the scorecards. Shortly after the bout, Bob Arum expressed much more interest in staging a fourth fight with Marquez, despite the fact that virtually everyone in Team Pacquiao prefers to face Mayweather. In fact, when Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer reached out to representatives of Top Rank on behalf of Team Mayweather in hopes of beginning negotiations, he was informed directly by retired federal Judge Daniel Weinstein that Bob Arum was not interested in pursuing a fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Regardless of those comments, however, it appears as though Pacquiao has given Koncz the marching orders to make the fight sooner rather than later. "They've got the investors. The money is there. It's what Manny wants. It's just a matter of whether or not Bob is willing to make it happen," another source added. Given Arum's preference for a fourth fight with Marquez, don't be surprised if both he and Koncz soon come on record?to?flat out deny that the meeting ever took place. At the very least, I suspect they'll say that they discussed a number of different topics, with?the Mayweather fight being just one of many poissibilities. Don't be fooled, however, as our sources insist that the only reason for the meeting is to discuss Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and potential investors for the fight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiaos-adv...alk--46499

Looks like Koncz was spending some time with the money team
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if Arum is pulling the strings on this and wants them to publicly say they want Mayweather. if they don't make the fight it's a lot better for Arum to take the blame than Pac.
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
If the fight ever happens, what transpires would absolutely cripple Pacquiao's Legacy...it'd be so bad it would make his goal of Presidency over The Philippines unattainable...

In other words...I'm still not holding my breath or caring...so I say, "Take your Ultimate beating or retire, Pacquiao...I've weighed and measured you and know exactly where you stand."

Right below Juan Manuel Marquez...
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks to JMM, this fight just does not have near the same appeal.
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Its got the same sort of appeal s Mayweather/Judah, but on a bigger scale.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Merchant: Arum Was Right on Mayweather's Legal Issue Method 3 2,535 12-28-2011 04:57 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Arum, Rucker Reveal Details of Mayweather Negotiations Method 3 2,660 12-02-2011 08:43 PM
Last Post: kookedkrack
  And here it is: Arum says Pacquiao will call Mayweather' boxingcritic 9 6,346 11-13-2011 11:20 AM
Last Post: Method

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)