Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Tell us a quality/party trick or something we don't know
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Not really looking for stories that you haven't told us, but more like maybe a trait or a party trick, or something you can do or do, that we don't know of.

I actually have a very good long term memory, a memory like an elephant. People used to always mention me being able to search for things way back.....well that wasn't just because I was good at searching (though that is part of it, I know how to use the search engine), but a lot of it was due to my memory. Sometimes people would say something on the boards from YEARS back, and I would distinctly remember it. So at times, I would go and search back, because I knew what I was looking for.
I remember things when I was about 2 years old. The very first song I ever liked was "The Divinyls - Pleasure and Pain"

http://www.youtube.com/v/_aYzQb6cc5E

My mum liked that song, she had the record and I fell in love with that song when I was about 2 years old. I remember the flat we lived in, and the room with the record player. I would always ask my mum to play it, and at that age, I would just say "mum...pleasure pain, pleasure pain".
I also loved Inspector Gadget at that age as well, and loved the intro theme, and my mum recorded the theme on casette for me, and I used to drain that as well.
I also remember falling into a pond when I was that age as well, when I went to the park to feed the ducks. I had bread in my hands, and all these birds started coming at me trying to get the bread out of my hands. I lost my balance and fell into the pond, just remember being under water, and all I remember was an arm come in and grab me out.
I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I have a thing about birds or anything with feathers. They kinda scare me. These were memories from when I was 2-3 years old.
Bottom line is, I have a great long term memory, I remember things that others don't. My short term memory is ok, nothing to brag about. I do forget things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Fitz Wrote:I actually have a very good long term memory, a memory like an elephant.
So do I dude. So do I. Its memory period. For example, I can see a movie once or twice, and remember lines like a motherfucker.

It helps in my work.
12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
My memory got turned to shit during and after college...lol...I kinda miss those days when I could remember conversations verbatim. It's alright though, I have assistants that do that shit for me now.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
i Can see any set of numbers as long as a bank account # just once and it's memorized for life.
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
i rememeber wierd facts and lines from movies. But I cant even remember my anniversary or family members birthdays!
AKay
12-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Method Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:I actually have a very good long term memory, a memory like an elephant.
So do I dude. So do I. Its memory period. For example, I can see a movie once or twice, and remember lines like a motherfucker.

It helps in my work.
It's funny you mention that, but my memory of movies are always very vague. Even favourite movies of mine, someone can ask me my favourite parts and that, and I won't remember the fine details.
My memory is excellent with more real life experiences and things in life, for some reason movies become vague after a while for me.
But I love having a good long term memory, though the problem with this is I get frustrated at other people for not remembering shit.
12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
boxingcritic Wrote:i Can see any set of numbers as long as a bank account # just once and it's memorized for life.
I cant do that just once...but a few times...and I am good to go.

Went to an island beach bar in Anguilla and frogot my wallet, but we had so much fun we just kept running the tab. Walked over to the rasta woman and was like, "I dont forgot my wallet but if you can take my card, I have the account number, the expiration and the CVC number for you if you can take a "verbal". My bitch was like, "You know your ATM card like that?".

As I take another swill of my drink thinkin, "'Course I do, bitch. I pay for everything".
12-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Fitz Wrote:
Method Wrote:

It helps in my work.
It's funny you mention that, but my memory of movies are always very vague. Even favourite movies of mine, someone can ask me my favourite parts and that, and I won't remember the fine details.
My memory is excellent with more real life experiences and things in life, for some reason movies become vague after a while for me.
But I love having a good long term memory, though the problem with this is I get frustrated at other people for not remembering shit.
You sound so much like me. I get so frustrated with my friends and wife for not remembering stuff from over 20 years ago. I remember that stuff like yesterday.

Now my short term memory is pure crap. I forget stuff all the time.
12-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:
Method Wrote:

It helps in my work.
You sound so much like me. I get so frustrated with my friends and wife for not remembering stuff from over 20 years ago. I remember that stuff like yesterday.

Haha, I don't know why, but reading some of the stuff from you over the years, I've thought the same thing. That you seem similar to me as a person with somethings, lol.
12-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Fitz Wrote:
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:
Method Wrote:

It helps in my work.

Haha, I don't know why, but reading some of the stuff from you over the years, I've thought the same thing. That you seem similar to me as a person with somethings, lol.
Totally agree.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)