Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

This prospect will be the goods!
03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: This prospect will be the goods!
Yes I think he's very skilled!

He's won the British flyweight title in, I believe, record time, and possesses extremely fast hands and skills. I don't think he has much punch power yet, but that will develop. I think he may actually turn out to be better than Lee Selby...but fly and super-flyweight are such tough divisions it's hard to see how good he can do at the moment. Maybe once Gonzalez and Inoue have gone, maybe.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2017, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 08:07 AM by ViperSniper.)
I didn't see any mention of Michael Conlan's pro debut last week. How do you guys think he went and what are your expectations of him now he has made his professional debut?

Michael Conlan showed great hands and the ability to put punches together, up & down stairs. He clearly has the profile from the amateurs and has a very solid platform to grow from. He has alot of support and fans already and feel he has what it takes to be a big star. Only criticism from this performance was, he seemed to be going for it too much and seemed a bit predictable with his attack, despite having good technique. I'm sure he will settle as he has more fights however as it was his debut infront of a very energetic crowd, with many eyes watching around the globe.

03-23-2017, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 04:58 AM by and the NEW.)
Viper, on the last page I said I think Conlan is more hype than substance. He has been getting the level of media attention of a Golden Boy, but compare him to Oscar's pro debut. He looked horrible. And he is pretty old for an amateur turning pro (he turns 26 this year), he isn't like a 19 year old with huge potential upside improvement.

He may beat a soft world champion some day, but good ones will take him out IMO. He also has shaky whiskers.
03-23-2017, 07:49 AM
I think he looked...well, good.

Not amazing, not eye-popping, not jaw dropping. Just plain ol' good.

Which might be a positive, since these days a fighter who looks incredible on their debut expects to be fighting for a world title before they hit double figures for bouts.

Conlan, being merely 'good', will need much more work and a good twenty fights before he steps it up the old fashioned way (and by old fashioned, I mean 90's/00's old fashioned where a fighter had about twenty building fights before a big fight/title shot. Before that it was thirty or forty fights. Fast forward a decade and it'll be Olympians going straight in for title shots on their debuts).

Black
03-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Skender Halili.....

I've been FB friends with him for the past 2 years and we chat up the fights quite a bit... up until recently he's started fighting on televised cards... even a few PBC one's...

Good Power, decent boxer... I like him tho... tons of heart.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2017, 05:58 AM
(03-24-2017 12:41 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Skender Halili.....

I've been FB friends with him for the past 2 years and we chat up the fights quite a bit... up until recently he's started fighting on televised cards... even a few PBC one's...

Good Power, decent boxer... I like him tho... tons of heart.

Goodness you make him sound like Darnell Wilson lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-24-2017, 09:23 AM
Hahaha.... not roided up like Wilson.

Hes pretty long and lanky...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:37 AM by ViperSniper.)
Tim Tszyu had his fourth professional fight tonight and displayed a very solid performance, winning by KO in 2. It became target practice early on with that right hand of his. What a right he has.

ATN..I know you said you weren't expecting much from him based on seeing him struggle first hand coming up. But since turning pro, have you seen any improvement or growth from Tim Tszyu?

Given his competition isn't strong yet & still alot of questions unanswered, he has looked the goods so far..
05-06-2017, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 11:25 PM by and the NEW.)
Viper, I think the only reason Tim is looking so good is his competition is horrendous. I expect him to lose once they step him up to top 10 contender level in a few years time. Until then, he will keep fighting overmatched opponents.

There is another decent pro coming up named David Toussaint. Unfortunately he doesn't have the promotional ties, he is trying to do it locally rather than getting in with a big promotor. Maybe a good idea at this stage of his career while he builds his experience and pads his record, but he has to make the step in the coming years. He is an awkward fighter, because he is a southpaw who can apply a lot of pressure. Good guy as well, all business.
05-07-2017, 12:22 AM
I had a good look at Tim last night and he looked OK, his focus and calmness were really there. However as ATN says, the competition is so low you really don't have a true gauge of where he is at. He has obviously had/seen the good oil on Tim from the amateurs/sparring which is probably a better indication than what we are seeing with his handpicked opponents.

Now guys have a look at Umar Salamov. Umar fights at LHW, is 6,3" comes from Chechnya and is only 22. Unbeaten and tough as fuck. I like his long term upside.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)