Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

This prospect will be the goods!
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
An exciting heavyweight is what everyone into boxing really craves and I almost laugh every time I see the name Deontay Wilder mentioned. I really don't think he's the best American prospect right now. I don't know who is but Wilder can't be. He's a train wreck waiting to happen. He just ain't any bloody good.

Over here we've got Tyson Fury (16-0) but unlikely to ever amount to anything above British and Commonwealth level. I'd take him to KO Wilder.

David Price, Olympic bronze medalist, rumoured to be a bit chinny but at 6-8 he's another giant amongst the game. Big puncher and a clash with Fury looks like happening early next year.

Finally, Cuban born, Ireland based Mike Perez is another one to watch. Supposedly battered Fury in a sparring session and other reports state how he knocked out Kevin Johnson, also in sparring. Relatively small by todays standards at just 6ft, Perez is pretty quick, hits reasonably hard and is unbeaten in his first 16, 12 by KO. He also has a good amateur pedigree winning the world junior amateur championships at light heavy in 2004.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Maxy Wrote:An exciting heavyweight is what everyone into boxing really craves and I almost laugh every time I see the name Deontay Wilder mentioned. I really don't think he's the best American prospect right now. I don't know who is but Wilder can't be. He's a train wreck waiting to happen. He just ain't any bloody good.

Over here we've got Tyson Fury (16-0) but unlikely to ever amount to anything above British and Commonwealth level. I'd take him to KO Wilder.

David Price, Olympic bronze medalist, rumoured to be a bit chinny but at 6-8 he's another giant amongst the game. Big puncher and a clash with Fury looks like happening early next year.

Finally, Cuban born, Ireland based Mike Perez is another one to watch. Supposedly battered Fury in a sparring session and other reports state how he knocked out Kevin Johnson, also in sparring. Relatively small by todays standards at just 6ft, Perez is pretty quick, hits reasonably hard and is unbeaten in his first 16, 12 by KO. He also has a good amateur pedigree winning the world junior amateur championships at light heavy in 2004.
I think Wilder is better than you think. He's just still very raw and has been in very soft. he may be a train-wreck waiting to happen but from what I've watched recently he looks to be putting things together better behind the jab. He's KO'd everyone in 4 rounds(against the worst oposition, I know) I fail to see where you can make the assertion that he is utter crap when he can actually move pretty well and has a decent jab not to mention big power. I think Furry sucks, he looks off balanced and un-athletic(dude punched himself in the face lol). Furry definitely has the better resume(and I'd favor him right now) but Wilder has far more potential.
10-18-2011, 01:23 PM
EAlbian Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:An exciting heavyweight is what everyone into boxing really craves and I almost laugh every time I see the name Deontay Wilder mentioned.  I really don't think he's the best American prospect right now.  I don't know who is but Wilder can't be.  He's a train wreck waiting to happen.  He just ain't any bloody good.

Over here we've got Tyson Fury (16-0) but unlikely to ever amount to anything above British and Commonwealth level.  I'd take him to KO Wilder.

David Price, Olympic bronze medalist, rumoured to be a bit chinny but at 6-8 he's another giant amongst the game.  Big puncher and a clash with Fury looks like happening early next year.

Finally, Cuban born, Ireland based Mike Perez is another one to watch.  Supposedly battered Fury in a sparring session and other reports state how he knocked out Kevin Johnson, also in sparring.  Relatively small by todays standards at just 6ft, Perez is pretty quick, hits reasonably hard and is unbeaten in his first 16, 12 by KO.  He also has a good amateur pedigree winning the world junior amateur championships at light heavy in 2004.
I think Wilder is better than you think. He's just still very raw and has been in very soft. he may be a train-wreck waiting to happen but from what I've watched recently he looks to be putting things together better behind the jab. He's KO'd everyone in 4 rounds(against the worst oposition, I know) I fail to see where you can make the assertion that he is utter crap when he can actually move pretty well and has a decent jab not to mention big power. I think Furry sucks, he looks off balanced and un-athletic(dude punched himself in the face lol). Furry definitely has the better resume(and I'd favor him right now) but Wilder has far more potential.

That fight, against Nichols, a 398Ib behemoth was probably only the 2nd time I'd seen anything of Wilder. I can't get it out of my head.

lol

Seriously man, I ain't taking the piss but for a fella whose had 18 fights don't you think it's about time he faced somebody with a pulse? His team don't seem to like pitting him in with anyone who has strung some wins together and that just leads me to believe they are afraid he'll be found out before they can make any money out of him.

Like I said, I ain't taking the piss, he looks in good shape, which is a bonus in itself, and it would be good for the sport if he did turn out to be the real deal but from what I've seen of him there ain't no way he's ever going anywhere.
10-18-2011, 04:05 PM
i'll put my reputation on the line for Rau'shee Warren. he's still an amateur but i've so much faith in that cat i don't even care.
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Oooh, I like David Price. When I first heard his name, I thought of the Rays pitcher. However, he KO'd Raphael Butler in one, after Butler put up a good performance and was robbed against a prospect in Canada. I expected my hometown guy to give Price a good fight, since Price hadn't really fought anybody. However, Price is legit, and his size will give him a great advantage. I think Price beats Wilder right now with ease. Wilder has 20 fights, and has fought nobody.

Another prospect I like is Terrance Crawford. They're moving him around nicely too. He's a fast dude, and I remember thinking he was the goods when he was an amateur. He's young and he'll continue to grow physically and as a fighter.
10-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I haven't really seen anyone that I can call a future boss of their division/Top 10 P4Per like I did with Bradley and Ward...

Russell Jr. has been on my radar for years...but I still see too many flaws to give him a blessing...
10-18-2011, 06:49 PM
What's this "Black Russian" fuck all about?
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Method Wrote:What's this "Black Russian" fuck all about?
Ismayl Sillakh 16(13)-0

He's damn good...could end up bein' somebody...saw something special in him against that Cuban, Despaigne...

Solid technique, toughness, power...a real quiet confidence to him.
10-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Funnily enough, he says he is ready for Chad Dawson now. Can't say much, as I haven't really seen him fight.
10-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Fitz Wrote:Funnily enough, he says he is ready for Chad Dawson now. Can't say much, as I haven't really seen him fight.
He needs a few more fights...but he wouldn't be a pushover for Dawson or any other 175 pounder....

Him and Cloud would make for a great fight...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)