Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

This prospect will be the goods!
06-06-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: This prospect will be the goods!
Right now would have been awsome to still have Maxy & C.E.O around to see them battle over the UK vs US boxing scene. Maybe it's for C.E.O's own good that he didn't have to defend the current state right now lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 04:00 PM
I think the US is still producing incredible fighters like it's always done. Terrence Crawford, Andre Ward, Mikey Diaz, Keith Thurman, Leo Santa Cruz (is he American-Mexican or just plain Mexican?) etc...

it's just that the rest of the world (and specifically Russia and the Eastern European states) have caught up massively. When somewhere like the Ukraine is producing the slickest fighter in the world with a style Ray Leonard would have been proud of, you know boxing has become a truly international sport.

Black
06-07-2017, 12:14 AM
BLK those stereotypes are absolutely perfect! LMAO

Stereotypes are fuccing hilarious to me.... its the undeniable truth that people are too PC to admit.. lol

You also forgot the BIG hairy hilariously lovable Pacific Islander, brudduh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2017, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017 01:02 AM by and the NEW.)
(06-06-2017 07:06 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Whilst we're throwing out stereotypes, the US also has plenty of highly intelligent nerds (mostly Chinese, let's be honest), loads of power hungry, super slick millionaires (mostly white guys, let's be honest) and loads of crazy-as-fuck bangers (mostly Mexican, let's be honest).
Big Grin
Black

The creators and majority owners of the biggest companies in the US (and the world when you get around to it) are all white nerds. Gates (Microsoft) Bezos (Amazon), Brinn and Page (Alphabet i.e Google), Zuckerberg (Facebook, Instagram), Buffett (Berkshire).

But yeah, all the gardeners are Mexican! And in your terms, probably just "plain" ones (haha, as opposed to the high tech crossed ones).
06-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Yeah but they all got those broke ass Chinese nerds working for them...

Black
06-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Who are also terrible drivers... arguably worse then Women and Senior Citizens.

And dont even get me started with the Old Chinese Ladies behind the wheel...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2017, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 09:05 AM by and the NEW.)
On the undercard to Pac vs Horn:

Salamov has a wild card test coming up against Damien Hooper. Hooper was a terrific amateur, at just 19 he went neck and neck and only lost 14-13 to the great Cuban Julio Cesar La Cruz, who won gold at Rio and is a 3 time amateur world champion. At 20, he only lost 19-13 to Egor Mekhontsev at the London Olympics, who was the eventual gold medal winner. Hooper, like Khan though, is chinny. Unlike Khan, however, he has a terrible work ethic, not professional at all between fights from all sources. But if you can't catch his chin, Hooper could cause all types of problems for Salamov for a few rounds.

Toussaint also fights Shane Mosley Jr and is favourite to give Jr his second loss. He is a southpaw that is fundamentally sound and, like Errol Spence, can apply pressure well which is unusual for a southpaw. It is a style most guys struggle with because you can't find many of them to spar with and you definitely don't fight many in competitions.

I've been in with both Hooper and Toussaint sparring and you can't sleep on either of them.
06-26-2017, 05:32 PM
(06-26-2017 09:03 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  On the undercard to Pac vs Horn:

Salamov has a wild card test coming up against Damien Hooper. Hooper was a terrific amateur, at just 19 he went neck and neck and only lost 14-13 to the great Cuban Julio Cesar La Cruz, who won gold at Rio and is a 3 time amateur world champion. At 20, he only lost 19-13 to Egor Mekhontsev at the London Olympics, who was the eventual gold medal winner. Hooper, like Khan though, is chinny. Unlike Khan, however, he has a terrible work ethic, not professional at all between fights from all sources. But if you can't catch his chin, Hooper could cause all types of problems for Salamov for a few rounds.

Toussaint also fights Shane Mosley Jr and is favourite to give Jr his second loss. He is a southpaw that is fundamentally sound and, like Errol Spence, can apply pressure well which is unusual for a southpaw. It is a style most guys struggle with because you can't find many of them to spar with and you definitely don't fight many in competitions.

I've been in with both Hooper and Toussaint sparring and you can't sleep on either of them.

Thanks for the heads-up ATN. Umar is going well by all accounts, he beat the shit out of Shumenov last time they sparred, but apparently Hooper was the one that actually requested this fight! I'll watch it with interest. What do you feel he did well against you in sparring?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
06-27-2017, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2017 06:33 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, Salamov will likely get to Hooper, but could be down for a bit. Hooper has really, really long arms, and he uses his range very well. He is also very fast for a big guy. His skills aren't top notch, but simply his speed and range makes him exceptionally difficult to deal with. Once again, kind of like a big, unfocused Amir Khan.
06-29-2017, 05:49 AM
Jeez Louise, check this kid out: Josh Kelly, undefeated in three fights but already looks like a future champion.

This fight is pure perfection:

https://youtu.be/13RtyqcbuiQ

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)