Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

This prospect will be the goods!
11-20-2011, 10:21 PM
BigG Wrote:Obviously Gary Russel Jr. who is IMO reminiscent of Meldrick Taylor

There is a good article in the latest Ring issue (December edition) on Gary Russell Jr. He talks about how he feels he is already ready for Gamboa. I also never realised how small (height and reach) the guy is, even for a feather.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
gravytrain Wrote:i'll put my reputation on the line for Rau'shee Warren. he's still an amateur but i've so much faith in that cat i don't even care.

Is that the guy out of Milkwaukee? Nope, just googled him and I see it's a different guy. I've heard of Rau'shee though, which is prob why the name rang a bell.
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Ok, as per SENTRALs idea of making this something we can follow as the months/years move by, I have created the list below of the name of the fighter (and the pundit) for ease of following.

I included the name of the ?pundit? who first mentioned the guy.

Obviously, some of these guys are a LOT more advanced already than others, and the 3 at the bottom I left out because they probably can?t be classified as purely a ?prospect? at this point. Then again, that argument can be made for a few of the guys still on the list. Although there are a few there I?ve never heard of and are still making their way into the top 100 in their respective division.

Fidel Maldonado Jr (SENTRAL).
Shawn Estrada (MAXY)
David Price (MAXY)
Mike Perez (MAXY)
Wale Omotoso (Fitz)
Caleb Truax (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN)
Terrance Crawford (KYLE THEE SPINKS FAN)
Frankie Gomez (Smarty Beardo)
Jose Benavidez (Smarty Beardo)
Brad Solomon (SmartyBeardo)
Rocco Santomauro (Byrd Man)
Gary Russell Jr (EAlbian)
Ismayl Sillakh (EAlbian)
Ajose Olusegun (EAlbian)
Deontay Wilder (EAlbian)
Rau'shee Warren (gravytrain)
Demetrius Andrade (BigG)
Paul Flemming (and the NEW)

Note, I?ve left out guys like DeMarco, Seda Jr, Broner (all whom are probably a bit advanced to be called a prospect).
11-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Nice work.
11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Jared Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/v/7TQgf24DWyw
11-21-2011, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go_qRPVMbHI

Here is Paul Flemmings last fight. Sorry, not sure how to embed it as per the above clip by Eugene.
11-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Put me down for Chis Eubank jr. I've watched some of his amateur fights and although he has a lot to work on looked like he had good fundamentals in his pro debut. Add to that one very impressive street fight that tells me has a little mongrel in him.

I just wish he'd go back to America and keep training with someone like Floyd Senior.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
and the NEW Wrote:Ok, as per SENTRALs idea of making this something we can follow as the months/years move by, I have created the list below of the name of the fighter (and the pundit) for ease of following.

I included the name of the ?pundit? who first mentioned the guy.

Obviously, some of these guys are a LOT more advanced already than others, and the 3 at the bottom I left out because they probably can?t be classified as purely a ?prospect? at this point. Then again, that argument can be made for a few of the guys still on the list. Although there are a few there I?ve never heard of and are still making their way into the top 100 in their respective division.

Fidel Maldonado Jr (SENTRAL).
Shawn Estrada (MAXY)
David Price (MAXY)
Mike Perez (MAXY)
Wale Omotoso (Fitz)
Caleb Truax (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN)
Terrance Crawford (KYLE THEE SPINKS FAN)
Frankie Gomez (Smarty Beardo)
Jose Benavidez (Smarty Beardo)
Brad Solomon (SmartyBeardo)
Rocco Santomauro (Byrd Man)
Gary Russell Jr (EAlbian)
Ismayl Sillakh (EAlbian)
Ajose Olusegun (EAlbian)
Deontay Wilder (EAlbian)
Rau'shee Warren (gravytrain)
Demetrius Andrade (BigG)
Paul Flemming (and the NEW)

Note, I?ve left out guys like DeMarco, Seda Jr, Broner (all whom are probably a bit advanced to be called a prospect).
We should start a prospect pool, have a draft, and build teams. Not sure how you'd want to structure the rules but I think this could be fun. It's hard to pick established fighters because we already have an idea who is the goods. It would be fun to structure it around prospects.
02-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Eddie Gomez, heavy handed light middleweight. Only 19 with a record 8 straight, 6 KO's. Nothing scheduled on boxrec for him but this vid from his 5th fight indicates that he looks pretty damn decent.

http://www.youtube.com/v/1ODkMHplUvE
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
and the NEW Wrote:
gravytrain Wrote:i'll put my reputation on the line for Rau'shee Warren. he's still an amateur but i've so much faith in that cat i don't even care.

Is that the guy out of Milkwaukee? Nope, just googled him and I see it's a different guy. I've heard of Rau'shee though, which is prob why the name rang a bell.
he's out of Ohio. this will probably be his third Olympics coming up. he fights kind of like a little Russel Jr but my only problem with him is he's a small dude, i think he fights at 114 and he's 5'4". he's 24 i think so he isn't filling out anymore either.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)