Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Batman vs Superman Trailer
04-19-2015, 04:29 PM
RE: Batman vs Superman Trailer
I liked Cavill as Superman as well. I think he was cast perfectly.

JD, you can treat Nolan's Batman films as a separate entity on one hand, because Nolan and Bale have no connection with Dawn of Justice. But on the other, I don't think Dawn of Justice is treating them as separate, because we get a shot of the Batmobile in the new trailer and it is the same tumbler that Bale used in his films.

This whole film is just a train wreck waiting to happen. There is no way DC catches Marvel at this point. I hate Marvel, but they're as far ahead of DC on film as DC is of Marvel when it comes to animation.

Affleck SUCKS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Honestly...the only reason I am treating them as totally separate is because Nolan said to.

In the end, Affleck is signed up for however many Batman's as they are going to make again. I assume it will all start with the Suicide Squad flick they are going to do, and Jared Leto as the new Joker.
04-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Man...I don't know. It just seems like the whole process for the JLA has been rushed. It for sure looks like a game of catch up by DC. There are already some signs that this is the case, putting Aquaman man in the Batman Vs Superman PLUS a supposed Doomsday...seems like overkill. And now the director for Wonderwoman has dropped out....due to "creative differences"...which is often a sign that the script or other concepts are being rushed or are just shit.

I can't blame DC....seeing all this huge money Marvel is taking in...it's tempting....but Marvel has spent YEARS setting things up....you cannot rush quality.

As for the trailer itself...I'm leary of Affleck as Bruce Wayne....he pretty much killed my personal favorite hero in Daredevil, a mistake I've waited 10 years to see corrected....though I cannot put the blame all on him....awful writing, direction and casting did not help matters.

BUT...Affleck will be the only guy to have played Superman, Batman and Daredevil....that's a pretty deep list of comic icons!

Seeing the armored Bat suit Vs. Superman....is awesome...though I don't know why he has a robot voice....that's kind of cheesy....but Ill watch it when it comes out....just not going in with high expectations. One things for certain it cannot be as bad as the Fantastic Four reboot looks....that looks AWFUL! I think I'd rather see the B-title 90s Corman version!

Honestly, the STAR WARS trailer has me much more excited!
04-22-2015, 12:58 AM
It's a movie about two people wearing costumes that have Daddy issues with a 300 mil budget. You can go spend 30 in singles at a strip club to see the same thing, but with cutting scars and desperation and talk about "Law school." With this you won't come out feeling like you need antibiotics.
04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
(04-22-2015 12:58 AM)Jeff Sorensen Wrote:  It's a movie about two people wearing costumes that have Daddy issues with a 300 mil budget. You can go spend 30 in singles at a strip club to see the same thing, but with cutting scars and desperation and talk about "Law school." With this you won't come out feeling like you need antibiotics.

You must be going to the classy strip joints. Every stripper I've met in the last decade was in nursing school.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Batman: Arkham Knight JONdaCON 1 1,994 07-13-2015 09:43 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)