Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Terminator Genesys trailer
06-30-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 09:20 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Terminator Genesys trailer
That's good to know War..but now i feel i still need to watch the rest in order if I'm gonna watch the latest..
But if i feel too inpatient then I'll take your word for it and dive into the latest!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
This ought to whet your appetite then. From the original, and one of my absolute favorite scenes from the series.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbSL3Bri4E
07-01-2015, 05:38 AM
I haven't seen any of the Mad Max's either but after the reviews of this one, I too want to see the original ones.

Is Mad Max 2 (1981) and Mad Max Beyond Thuderdome (1985) good as well and must watch? Or is it one of those where just the original was good and the sequels sucked?
07-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Mad Max 2 (or the Road Warrior as it is known in the U.S.) is widely considered to be superior to the original, so it is most definitely worth seeing.

Beyond Thunderdome can be skipped unless you're just masochist or a completist. It's the "Spock's Brain" of Mad Max. For any Star Trek fan, that warning should suffice.

One of my favorite scenes from Mad Max 2 was this one here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-qkzKBzPM

It's just such a subtley well-acted scene by Mel Gibson where you see his humanity seeping out for just a moment, before he stuffs it back in (literally and metaphorically) and hits the roads once more.

This scene gets aped somewhat in Fury Road, but is not nearly so powerful as the original.
07-02-2015, 06:45 AM
Yes.....for sure Mad Max Fury Road does NOT require you see the previous films.

As for the originals....I was never a huge fan of Mad Max (the first one)....its very low budget and the pacing was slow. The Road Warrior is awesome. Lord Humongous is the shit.

I do disagree with skipping Thunder Dome as it has a big budget and some cool aspects.....Master Blaster is cool.

As for Fury Road...to me its really a Charleze Theron vehicle more so than Hardy. Its almost as if Emperator Furiosa is the main character and Max just happens to be along for the ride.
07-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Also just wanted to mention how some of Miller's stuff is way out there. Some of it reminds me of Jordorowsky or Lynch.

Immortan Joe is such an off the wall bad guy with all the cancer ridden sons willing to die for him and the milking fat ladies.....its so odd.
08-19-2015, 05:45 AM
I just got around to watching Mad Max 1 and 2 today, and I did enjoy both, I actually liked the first one more. Even though I did say I found them enjoyable, I get the impression that perhaps people are so more impressed with them than I was because of growing up with the movies at the time.

Now I say this seriously as nobody pointed it out and it was always considered a classic action (masculine movie) and homosexuality doesn't bother me. But does anybody know if the extremely homosexual characters in the movie was deliberate? It wasn't subtle, it was extremely gay some of the characters and villains in the movie. I didn't have a problem with it, was just wondering if this was very deliberate or whether there was a meaning or political reasoning for it when making the movie.
08-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Hey Fitz, about the gay stuff, it was obvious. In the Road Warrior you had Wez (the guy on the motorcycle with the mohawk), and the gay looking dude with blonde hair chained up behind him? That character's name is "Gay Boy." So yeah, the homosexuality was definitely overt and intentional.

Not sure what political or ideological message, if any, was attached to homosexuality in the film. But seeing dudes in assless chaps is certainly an interesting artistic choice.
08-19-2015, 07:21 AM
And in the first one, the Chief in MFP. His name was Fifi, a big bald dude with a moustache and wore leather pants lol
None of it bothered me saying that, but never seen any of them before but always heard good things about them, it just caught me off guard as I'd never heard that movie tied in with any gay references before.

I did enjoy the movies though, looking forward to seeing the new one that just came out now.
08-19-2015, 08:36 AM
When you see it as a kid, you kind of miss all the gay shit going on. As an adult, you see it very plainly. It doesn't bother me either, I just think it's funny.

I also prefer Mad Max to the Road Warrior.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)