Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fighters who got f'd up in victory.
05-11-2015, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 02:20 AM by ViperSniper.)
Fighters who got f'd up in victory.
Funny thing is, this has been on my mind for a bit and ironically became a discussion between War, Dmarv and Brutal.

This will come down to the individuals interpretation of what "getting fucked up" during a fight is. But which fighter do you feel copped the most punishment and/or fucked up in a winning fight?

I haven't been able to think of many standouts but the one that does come to mind..

BRADLEY-PROVODNIKOV!

Bradley got fucked up and absorbed alot of punishment and still managed to win!

Maybe if Leonard got a W against Hearns in the rematch, that could have qualified..

Any others?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Fighters who got f'd up in victory.
Well to add the other debate taking place, Corrales against Castillo would be another obvious example. He never won again.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Arturo Gatti vs. Wilson Rodriguez

Bobby Chacon vs. Cornelius Boza-Edwards II

George Foreman vs. Alex Stewart

Tommy Morrison vs. Joe Hipp

Archie Moore vs. Yvon Durelle
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Rigondeaux always gets fucked up after winning.
05-11-2015, 03:41 AM
I can't be fucked getting into semantics about what 'defines' fucked up, so I will just use a simplified criteria of 'won the fight, lost the war'.

Khan vs Maidana
Hopkins vs Taylor 1
05-11-2015, 03:49 AM
(05-11-2015 03:41 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I can't be fucked getting into semantics about what 'defines' fucked up, so I will just use a simplified criteria of 'won the fight, lost the war'.

Khan vs Maidana
Hopkins vs Taylor 1

Khan-Maidana is a good one!!

No need to get into semantics, but I don't think Taylor got fucked up in any way, nor absorbed much punishment in against Hopkins at all..
05-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Bute-Andrade.

Lucian pretty much won 10-11 rounds and in the 12th got his soul taken.
05-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Algieri got fucked up big time against Provodnikov but came away with a narrow decision.
05-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Another fight that comes to mind even though it doesn't quite fit the purpose of this thread was Chavez Sr- Taylor.

I know Chavez won in the final seconds of this fight but this was a fight that Meldrick Taylor was winning the majority of the rounds. Meanwhile, Chavez was laying a frightening beating on the man throughout.
05-11-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 08:46 AM by ViperSniper.)
(05-11-2015 08:21 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Another fight that comes to mind even though it doesn't quite fit the purpose of this thread was Chavez Sr- Taylor.

I know Chavez won in the final seconds of this fight but this was a fight that Meldrick Taylor was winning the majority of the rounds. Meanwhile, Chavez was laying a frightening beating on the man throughout.

That fight crossed my mind too.

Even though Taylor looked more visibly worse off (and started copping punishment late), he laid out one himself. Chavez won this fight after taking a fair bit of punishment throughout the fight from Taylor.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)