Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin - Monroe Jr.
05-15-2015, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:01 AM by damarvelous1.)
Golovkin - Monroe Jr.
Fight is tomorrow! I'm also looking forward to watching Roman under the undercard.

Many of us wanted to see GGG in with a slick boxer so here it is. However, I don't think Monroe has the experience to hang with Golovkin. I expect the brutal ending to come somewhere between the 5th and 7th rounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Golovkin - Monroe Jr.
GGG will win the fight but will look more 'fucced up'... if that makes any sense.

Does that make any sense?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2015, 10:01 AM
That makes perfect sense. Plenty of fighters have won fights and "looked" more fucced up!
Happens quite often actually.

I don't think GGG will look more fucced up though.
05-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Monroe will box on the outside which should help Him survive longer then previous GGG opponents. He'll eventually be tracced down and KOd but i see him marking up GGG pretty good. He doesn't have much power but its decent enough for a fighter.
05-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I never even heard of Monroe Jr. until this fight was announced. Have not seen a single bit of video on the dude. Does he have anything to offer?

Based on Golovkin's recent body of work and his progression, shooting from the hip I'd expect him to stop this guy in about 4 rounds... and again I know nothing about him.
05-15-2015, 11:00 PM
He won the BoxCino tourney. He's a "Cuban style" southpaw but doesnt KO many guys. He's a poor mans Lara. His best win recently is Brian Vera, who he beat better then Chavez Jr.
05-15-2015, 11:15 PM
(05-15-2015 11:00 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  He won the BoxCino tourney. He's a "Cuban style" southpaw but doesnt KO many guys. He's a poor mans Lara. His best win recently is Brian Vera, who he beat better then Chavez Jr.

Vera is a pretty tough dude, so that's cool that Monroe beat him. I just looked him up, looks like he doesn't have much power. I'd think without power Golovkin would pretty much walk through him.
05-15-2015, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 11:18 PM by JONdaCON.)
He's gonna try and sticc and move. Ide say he makes it to atleast the 7th.
05-15-2015, 11:34 PM
It's going to be interesting seeing GGG in against a slick boxer. Rosado is slick but Monroe has more skill and speed. Some people on the net have been criticizing Monroe as an opponent but considering no big name wants him, this is the best he could get. Not a bad fight.

Ad who would have thought we would ever see The mini GGG Roman Gonzalez on a Golovkin undercard? Sosa is a capable guy. He beat Viloria about 5-6 years ago and tallied a lot of defenses of his title under a short time but then lost to Wonjongkam and later Aegashi. He's a good boxer with solid skills but at 35 and with almost 60 fights under his ledger, it is doubtful he makes it to 12 against a wrecking machine like Gonzalez.
05-16-2015, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 03:06 AM by and the NEW.)
I keep hearing that Monroe is slick, but from what I have seen of him, he is shit. He isn't smooth at all, he just tries to use range, is big and awkward.

You can't use range against Golovkin, he cuts the ring off the ring AND the distance too well. You are better off sticking and holding against Golovkin.

If Monroe can take a beating well (he is a huge middle and has never been stopped) he may last rounds, but this won't be close at all. I fully expect Golovkin to beat the hell out of Monroe - GGG is multiple levels above!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)