Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Making a fight card.
05-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Making a fight card.
Let's pretend Mayweather & Pacqiuao sign to fight eachother again and you were promoter. What fights would be the best to put on the undercard to make sure it's going to make new fans?

Khan-Broner: Both could be potential/marketable future opponents, not to mention an exciting matchup.

Garcia-Crawford: Good contrasting styles and a chance to get Bud out to the casuals.

Wilder-Briggs: It may not be a fight with Klit or Fury but it's an exciting fight that will give the potential next American heavyweight champion to get exposure that fans would eat up.

Rigondeaux-Santa Cruz: Regardless of what people may say about the Cuban's style, the world needs to see skills like this and put him in against a guy like LSC and you know it's gonna be good.

Lomachenko-Walters: This fight has skill, power and excitement written all over it that hardcore and casual fans could like.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Making a fight card.
If Haymon or Arum gave two shits about the fans they would make fan friendly fights!

My undercard looks like this...

Thurman-Maidana
Rios-Provodnikov
05-15-2015, 11:03 AM
I think the best bet would be to present the show as the NOW and the FUTURE.

In other words, MayPac squaring off with two up-and-coming welters facing each other on the undercard to decide who faces the winner four months later.

Thurman-Khan would be the best bet. Round it off with a heavyweight brawl between Chris Arreola and Dereck Chisora for the casual fans and you've got a nice card.

Black
05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
(05-15-2015 11:03 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I think the best bet would be to present the show as the NOW and the FUTURE.

In other words, MayPac squaring off with two up-and-coming welters facing each other on the undercard to decide who faces the winner four months later.

Thurman-Khan would be the best bet. Round it off with a heavyweight brawl between Chris Arreola and Dereck Chisora for the casual fans and you've got a nice card.

Black

I was thinking now & future mixed with excitement/relevance for the card to with the fighters I picked.

That's why I think Wilder could be good to he featured because he could make new fans being a cocky African American undefeated, buff, KO artist. He may very well be the future.

Crawford could also be good for boxing (and the sport in America) being an undefeated African American who is young, talented and isn't boring inside the ring.

Even if Russell Jr was featured in a good match..
05-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Lol. Viper thinks Wilder is buff.

Black
05-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Hahahaha... those "Buff" legs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2015, 11:59 PM
(05-15-2015 06:14 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Lol. Viper thinks Wilder is buff.

Black

I'm not gonna get into sematics but let's just say Wilder isn't Eddie Chambers buff!
05-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Chambers is fat... Briggs is buff... Klit is big... Haye is Cut..

Wilder is lanky.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Nah man. Chambers is actually buff underneath that dough!
05-16-2015, 02:21 AM
(05-15-2015 10:32 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Rigondeaux-Santa Cruz: Regardless of what people may say about the Cuban's style, the world needs to see skills like this and put him in against a guy like LSC and you know it's gonna be good.

Fuck Rigo!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Making the ultimate 2020 card! ViperSniper 5 658 08-15-2021 10:02 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Greatest fight card of all time. TheTeddyBear 3 388 04-20-2020 12:13 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Hopkins making a mandatory defense against Karo Murat (fight has been called off) Fitz 29 22,640 06-14-2013 08:53 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)