Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Can Jesse Vargas survive The Desert Storm coming his way?
05-20-2015, 05:05 AM
RE: Can Jesse Vargas survive The Desert Storm coming his way?
Iv never understood. Is he trolling? Bradley isnt even worth trolling? Whats going on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 05:14 AM
(05-20-2015 05:05 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Iv never understood. Is he trolling? Bradley isnt even worth trolling? Whats going on?

He's Australian. Nuff said.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-20-2015, 05:18 AM
Yeah I mean I understand hes a bit simple so I suppose credit is due that he even remembered starting this troll a long time ago, such is the insignificance of little Timmy.

Kudos Viper. You are a special little guy!
05-20-2015, 05:35 AM
(05-20-2015 05:18 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Yeah I mean I understand hes a bit simple so I suppose credit is due that he even remembered starting this troll a long time ago, such is the insignificance of little Timmy.

Kudos Viper. You are a special little guy!

I believe he likes Bradley because he is 'buff' a lot like Wilder who's form he also ahem.........'admires.'

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-20-2015, 05:59 AM
You guys will miss him when his gone! Appreciate the time we got now!

TB!
05-20-2015, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 06:01 AM by and the NEW.)
(05-19-2015 05:03 PM)KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:  Jesse Vargas barley survived Josesito Lopez and really hasn't been that impressive in his title fights. He's a tough fighter though, but I don't think he has the power to get Bradley's respect. He only has 9 KO's in 26 fights, with his last KO coming against the badly faded Walter Estrada. I think Bradley can outbox him and make this an easy fight if he wants. He has the speed and footwork advantages. However, if Bradley wants to let his nuts hang, he'll still win a 116-112 decision, as Vargas doesn't have power and Bradley will definitely be a more effective agressor for the most part. Vargas would have some good moments though if Bradley brawls.

The Jesse Vargas that lost to Josesito Lopez (in reality, not on the cards) is not the same one that beat Allakhverdiev and DeMarco. Vargas has improved a lot.

That said, he will be moving up a weight for this fight.

I say Bradley wins, but this could be closer than people expect.

I think there are a few fights like that out there at the moment, I think Kiko Martinez may also give Quigg more problems than some think, and Gavin may give Brook more problems than people think.
05-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Anyone know what the odds are on the fight?

This is one of those fights that's just about guaranteed to go the distance and probably won't be any wider than 116-112 on any cards. Bradley with the greater big fight experience IMO should win it though.

Another point about the Josesito Lopez that fought Vargas. That was basically the best version of Josesito Lopez there was in his last fight below 147 pounds; in his very next fight he outgunned Ortiz in his first fight at 147 and after that started getting the shit beat out of him by much bigger, heavier handed guys and taking KO losses.
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
I really haven't been into Bradley fights as of late. I'll watch it for sure but expect Bradley to win a clear decision. 117-111, 116-112 sounds about right.
05-20-2015, 10:42 AM
(05-20-2015 10:00 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  I really haven't been into Bradley fights as of late. I'll watch it for sure but expect Bradley to win a clear decision. 117-111, 116-112 sounds about right.

I more or less share your opinion on that. Bradley above 140 pounds doesn't do much for me. His already less than average punching power at 140 is non-existent at 147 and a guy that fights with his style without decent power is frustrating at times.
05-20-2015, 11:30 AM
I liked Bradley at 140, but he has been a non-entity at 147 if you take out the Pac 'win'.

I'll never forgive him for opting out of the Khan fight. Business-wise it may have been the sensible thing to do (seeing as Khan would have beaten him and he wouldn't have got the Pac fight), but it would have been a defining moment in jr welter history.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pac vs Jesse Vargas...acceptable? blackbelt2003 17 10,125 08-09-2016 03:59 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic
  Jesse Vargas vs Tyner JONdaCON 9 5,057 02-25-2012 02:18 PM
Last Post: kidbazooka1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)