Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

PBC Cards
06-06-2015, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 11:29 PM by and the NEW.)
RE: PBC Cards
It is very very tacky how the fighter comes out by himself and goes down that ramp. It reminds me of that show "Gladiator"!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Beterbiev on the undercard of the Lara-D. Rodriguez fight tonight on the Spike Network.

I've only seen Beterbiev once but he looked promising.
06-12-2015, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 10:56 PM by and the NEW.)
I thought this started at 9pm ET? The stream for it is not working on Vipbox......

Well just caught the Beterbiev fight on youtube, he looked his normal self. Tough, powerful grinder with good skills. I still think he could really trouble Kovalev if he can take the punch and apply the pressure, but I'm not really a fan of Beterbiev, his style is boring despite him getting knockouts.

Waiting for the Lara fight to finish and be posted on youtube so I can watch it!
06-12-2015, 11:08 PM
This may have been the worst pbc yet. Two mismatches, and Lara not going for the ko. That Lara fight was one sided and sucked.
06-13-2015, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2015 07:17 AM by TheTeddyBear.)
The PBCs tonight were absolute shit both cards sucked spike and nbcs

If you're going to rerun or atleast do a goodnone

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
06-13-2015, 08:27 AM
(06-12-2015 09:46 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  Well just caught the Beterbiev fight on youtube, he looked his normal self. Tough, powerful grinder with good skills. I still think he could really trouble Kovalev if he can take the punch and apply the pressure, but I'm not really a fan of Beterbiev, his style is boring despite him getting knockouts.

On one level I liked that Beterbiev spent the first half of the first round understanding what was in front of him without throwing much - that seems to be a trait of most of the top fighters. That said, he doesn't use his jab enough and it's hard for me to see him giving Kovalev any troubles without it.

I actually think Stevenson-Beterbiev would be interesting if Beterbiev forced the action. I'm not sure Stevenson has enough in the tank to go 12 rough rounds with a guy who is willing to come forward and throw combos from angles. And if Stevenson can't land something early it could be a really rough night for both of them.
06-13-2015, 11:44 AM
I like watching Lara fight. I understand he coulda done more and people find him boring or unappealing but I like him.

I actually prefer the technical boxers like Floyd, Rigo and Lara over most other styles. I completely understand how hard it is to watch but I really hate when they shyt on a guy on national TV. Even if 95% of people hate his style, they should still show some love to the technical side of the fight game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2015, 03:28 PM
I appreciate the technical style as well but my beef with Lara last night is he had a dead man in front of him and he didn't close the show. Imagine Mayweather carrying Gatti for 12 rounds.
06-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Boxers have it hard. They have to get in the ring and eat punches for a living. If a guy like Lara decides to employ a technical style that minimizes the damage he takes by making the fight as boring as possible, then that is his right. However, the boxing fan also pays to watch these guys by shelling money for PPV's and cable subscriptions and tickets. So if a boxer wants to be boring, then he is welcome to, but he should not cry when a promoter decides not put his star attraction in there with him.

Lara had his chance against Canelo and threw one shot at a time while leaping to the other side of the ring in order to avoid Canelo's punches. It was a close fight, meaning that his plan was effective, but no one wants to see that shit again, and that's on Lara.
06-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I think The counter punching style in general is a tough one to have. It relies alot on your opponents output.. And if a guy like Rodriguez becomes reluctant to throw then it becomes even tougher.

I still want Lara vs GGG... GGG would make it a fight. At The very least Lara is brave enough to fight anyone. Him vs Cotto would also be a good one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)