Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Natural born fighters
05-26-2015, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 06:39 AM by Fitz.)
Natural born fighters
Who are natural born fighters that come to mind that just love to fight. They don't need to be good, but aren't afraid to get hit and are just born to fight?

Two that come to mind instantly for me are James Toney and Erik Morales, they are both natural born fighters and were born to fight.

Who else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Natural born fightrers
Two active fighters that come to mind for me are Provodnikov and Santa Cruz.

I think Arce was born to fight as well. I remember in a couple of his tough victories he'd wipe the blood from his mask at the end of a fight and lick it. The dude just liked to scrap. Of course when he fought past his prime it was a little different, but that can be said of Morales or any other natural born fighter.

I tend to come up with smaller dudes when thinking about this topic. A couple of bigger guys that I'd say were born to fight were Jirov and Holyfield.

I agree with Toney mentioned above, which when matched up with Jirov who IMO is also a guy born to fight resulted in a FOTY candidate.
05-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Toney and Holyfield for me. They just loved it. Both could be great boxers but mostly they just loved to FIGHT.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-26-2015, 09:07 AM
(05-26-2015 08:52 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Toney and Holyfield for me. They just loved it. Both could be great boxers but mostly they just loved to FIGHT.

I agree. It's a shame Holyfield was too far removed from his prime when he faced Toney or we could have had another fight with Toney/Jirov potential there.

Had Toney made the move to heavyweight a few years earlier it probably could have been a better fight. Interestingly enough had the fight also been 4-5 years later, there's a chance that the Holyfield that arguably beat Valuev could have given the garbage version of Toney that faced Peter II a much better fight and possibly won it.
05-26-2015, 09:38 AM
I know it's MMA, but Nick Diaz was born to fight. Look at this picture, I don't need to say anything else. I bet you have no trouble spotting him, even if you've never watched MMA a day in your life.

05-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Johnny Tapia and Emmanuel Augustus. As already mentioned, James Toney was the first name that I thought about. I agree with Nick Diaz too.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2015, 01:47 PM
You can usually tell guys who were born to fight, as they still handle themselves pretty damned well when overweight, under-trained and going grey in the beard. Toney is a prime example of that.

And I would never have thought it, but Roy Jones, too. He was a guy I thought would put his feet up when he started slipping...but here he is, in his late 40's and still treading the pugilistic boards simply because he loves it - the mark of a born fighter.

Non-born fighters would be guys like Joe Calzaghe - super talented and an all time great, but didn't ever love the sport or love to fight like Toney and Jones Jr did/do.

Black
05-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Me.

And Ricardo Mayorga.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2015, 04:59 PM
I'm with Fitz on Morales.

Plenty of guys are willing to take two to land one, but Morales seemed to really enjoy it.
05-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Margarito comes to mind for me... Didn't really like him when he was in his prime but he was a bad MoFo.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)