Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Miguel Cotto-Daniel Geale fight thread.
06-03-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 09:03 AM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Miguel Cotto-Daniel Geale fight thread.
They didn't change the mandate.. They just made a statement that they would allow a defense as long as they pay a step aside fee to GGG and the winner fights him.. I think that's fair, plus GGG can get his name out there by linking it to BOTH men. GGG knows how the fight game works and bigger names will always be prioritized by the networks, the belt organizations and other fighters. In either case he knows he'd be the B Side so he has no choice but to wait his turn like a goodboy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Go Geale!!
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2015, 10:25 AM
The 157 weight is bullshit and only puts a negative asterisk on the win should Cotto get it. Cotto made Martinez come down to 159 which while stupid as fuck (1 pound, really?) didn't really bother me since Martinez always came in at 158-159 anyway, but Geale always comes in just below the 160 pound limit so losing the extra weight could prove to be difficult and thus be a disadvantage for him come fight time. I don't know what Geale is getting paid for this fight or what the fine is should he come in heavier than 157, but depending on if he has difficulty hitting that number that he hasn't had to hit in a decade I'd come in heavy. If he doesn't have trouble hitting that number, great make it. But, if he gets to that point where he is killing himself to get that last pound or two off if I were him I'd say sorry, I can't get that last bit off, I tried my best and take the minor fine or whatever. At least then he'd give himself the best chance to win, which if he does would land him a far larger pay day than the minor fine for not hitting the contacted weight and losing.
06-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Yea there is no fine in the language of the contract per ROC Nation.. The fine would possibly only come from NYSAC and probably wouldn't be much.
06-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Rumor is that Geale will make 160. That is all. LOL
06-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Man i hope Geale comes in at 160 and the fight goes through!
06-03-2015, 11:25 AM
The only problem with Geale coming in at 160 is it might add pressure for Porter to really come in at 144.

I really want Porter to come in at 147 just because of the way the piece of shit Broner handled the Escobedo weigh in.
06-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I didn't realize Broner/Porter was another catch weight BS fight. Fucking figures.
06-03-2015, 04:05 PM
And it's going to hurt Porter, who was fighting at 154 5 years ago.
06-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Yuhp.. And a rehydration clause... Shits ridiculous. Broner can and has easily made 147. I hope Broner struggles to make weight and it ends up hurting him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Miguel Cotto losses ViperSniper 16 1,193 07-12-2020 12:16 PM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Miguel Cotto's greatest victory? ViperSniper 25 8,134 12-18-2017 06:27 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Oscar De La Hoya-Miguel Cotto @ Middleweight. ViperSniper 25 7,478 10-26-2017 11:30 AM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)