Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Tomas Rojas admits taking dive vs. Jorge Arce
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Well this is certainly interesting.

http://www.boxingscene.com/rojas-shocker...rce--47029

Quote:As reported on Wednesday, former champion Tomas Rojas denied recent allegations that he took a dive against Jorge Arce in their bout which took place in September 2007 in Las Vegas. Mexican newspaper Notiver published an interview where a writer printed quotes from Rojas, claiming the boxer told him that he took a dive in exchange for 100 thousand pesos and television exposure.

Rojas is alleged to have told the reporter that he accepted the money and could have easily beaten Arce that night. Arce stopped Rojas in six rounds after a shot to the body.

However, Rojas initially denied making those comments to reporter Pedro Munoz Zamudio, who the boxer claimed fabricated the information.

"The reporter started asking me about the fight between Marquez and Pacquiao. Then he asked me about my fight with Arce and told me it was fixed. I said no. I do not know why he wrote that. What that guy [wrote] is a vile lie,"
Rojas told Sal Rodriguez.

But, in a shocking twist, Rojas told XEU Deportes that he did make those comments to the reporter, but told him the quotes were "off the record" and "not to publish" any information related to the Arce fight.

"I was being honest. Yes I did tell him that but I asked him not to publish the comments. A reporter must have ethics.

After the latest chapter of this controversy, the president of the federal district boxing commission (CBDF), Rafael Herrera, announced that his office is going to conduct an investigation into the matter. He said there will be consequences for any guilty parties involved.

There are those who doubt Rojas' story because ringside observers said Arce's shot to the body was hard and picture perfect. Herrera's office will be reviewing video of the fight and speaking to those involved with the fight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Worth reading.
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
"A reporter must have ethics" coming from a guy who admitted taking a dive lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
i want to know when that dude will come out and admit he took a dive against Marquez. can't remember his name but that's a blatant dive, you can't get stretched out and brace yourself.
12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
I always thought that about the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight.
12-09-2011, 02:36 AM
gravytrain Wrote:i want to know when that dude will come out and admit he took a dive against Marquez. can't remember his name but that's a blatant dive, you can't get stretched out and brace yourself.
Haha, I don't know why, but even though I did read 'Arce', it never clicked for me. I was thinking that this was about the guy that took a dive against Marquez.
12-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Gandalf The Black Wrote:I always thought that about the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight.
For sure. Hopkins carried DLH & lost a few rounds to look bad for his new boss before knocking him out. Nothing will ever convince me the fix was not in there.
12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Gandalf The Black Wrote:I always thought that about the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight.
For sure. Hopkins carried DLH & lost a few rounds to look bad for his new boss before knocking him out. Nothing will ever convince me the fix was not in there.
Nah, Hopkins didn't carry him, he just started slowly and cautiously like he always does. When has Hopkins ever come out blazing and dominant?

DLH was always under-sized and over-matched, and that was one heck of a body shot. It may not have looked much to the layman, but trust me that was one mean punch.

Now DLH-Mosley 2.....THERE was a fix Wink

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Johnny Gonzalez-Jorge Arce ViperSniper 4 3,383 10-06-2014 03:53 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  The ChuCha Room is still taking action SmartyBeardo 2 2,168 11-12-2011 08:08 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)