Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Forbes highest paid athletes of 2015
06-11-2015, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 08:06 PM by and the NEW.)
Forbes highest paid athletes of 2015
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-spor...ut#image=2

Starts at 30, but check out Pacquiao and Mayweather piss on the rest of the athletes at 1 and 2. It's good to see boxing on top and it not just a one-off thing.

You have to give it to boxing fans, it may be a niche sport, but the fans obviously love it enough to pay way more than any other sport to watch it! It is a testimony to the pull that boxing has on those who are bitten by the bug! No other sport in the world comes close to its allure!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2015, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 10:06 PM by JONdaCON.)
RE: Forbes highest paid athletes of 2015
Floyd makes as much as 2, 3 and 4 combined. Lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Lol! Floyd just sent them again away from boxing.
06-12-2015, 06:08 AM
Fuck I hate websites that make you click through. Just have one page that you can scroll down...

ATN, you're big on Football, looking at 1 and 2 (Floyd and Manny) and 3 and 4 (Ronaldo and Messi), who do you think will be remembered more as a whole by the world? I personally think Messi and Ronaldo will. I also think Federer, Nadal and Djokovic who are lower on the list will certainly will be. Tiger Woods appears done, and still on that list but he is up there and I think will be remembered more as well.
It's good for Floyd and Pac, though I think all the names I mentioned will be more recognised than Floyd and Manny.
06-12-2015, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 07:40 AM by lloyd mayflower.)
Of course Messi and Ronaldo will be. They are two of the finest players to ever play in the biggest sport in the world. Those two will be looked back on for generations like Pele and Maradona are now.

If either of those two were to make a move at this point, especially Messi, he wouls take a large leap towards what Mayweather earns
06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
How is a 2015 earnings list available when the year isn't over yet? While it may take into account salaries for everyone obviously endorsements, things like Floyd fighting against in September, golfers winning another championship etc. are going to increase the numbers right?
06-12-2015, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 09:40 PM by and the NEW.)
Fitz, Ronaldo and Messi will be remembered more widely for sure. But as Lloyd says, that is because soccer is a global sport. Same as tennis and golf, they hit a way larger demographic - from woman to young and old.

But the fact that boxing has the highest paid athletes, can only be good as far as getting more and more young talent into the sport. It is like all these millions of people studying commerce and finance, trying to become the next big CEO on the 30mil bonus. In reality, only the rare few will achieve it, but so many others will enter the same workforce chasing the mirage.

Brutal, I believe Forbes don't operate on a normal calendar (or financial) year. Their year must end at end-May, perhaps that has something to do with some seasons finishing then (like soccer, and football is done by then also). But plenty of places don't operate on our financial year either, for example, Japan's financial year ends at end-March.
06-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Barca can't afford to pay Messi 300 mil a season.
06-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Barca maybe cant, but Messi will be on tens of millions a year for a good five more years, and his sponsorship money will most likely outstrip his wages
06-13-2015, 03:15 AM
Messi probably doesn't have all of his money tied up in his checking account and car collection either.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)