Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who won?
Canelo
Lara
[Show Results]

Canelo vs Lara revisited
06-14-2015, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015 11:40 PM by and the NEW.)
Canelo vs Lara revisited
I remember this fight having a lot of controversy. Many thinking that Lara did enough to win. I actually thought that Lara beat Molina and Williams, but that this was his first legitimate loss (albeit, it was very very close, I had Canelo winning by 2 rounds from his bodywork, but he did wing and miss a lot of shots very badly whilst Lara landed some very clean straight left hands to the head).

Who did you guys think won?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2015, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 01:22 AM by Mean Mister Mustard.)
RE: Canelo vs Lara revisited
Lara was the same old Lara that you described in the PBC thread. He flicked the jab and waited for Canelo to commit before throwing his left cross. It's an effective style but he needed to turn it on, throw more lefts, combos or something in order to cement a win. He didn't.

Canelo didn't look all that great either. The first three rounds consisted of him failing to cut off the ring and flailing away with his right hook. He finally began to find his range and landed some bombs downstairs. I also liked how he fainted with the right and came up with a left uppercut that cut Lara.

Still, he gassed at the end and wasn't busy enough. Then again, Lara wasn't busy either and the fight was extremely close.

Morals of the story: Lara needs to throw more punches and not move so much and Canelo needs to learn how to cut the ring off.
06-15-2015, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 02:18 AM by ViperSniper.)
I actually watched this last week to show my mate who has instantly become a Canelo fan. He was pretty quite throughout the fight and when I asked who he thought won. He was all over the place with a simple question and which gave me the impression he felt Canelo lost.
I scored it for Lara once again!
06-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Lara won the fight. We can debate up and down but Lara fought at his pace (which is why it was boring) and Canelo did absolutely nothing. I understand why people dislike Lara so I won't spend a lot of time defending him but Lara won this fight. IMO, Lara is undefeated.
06-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Thought Lara won by a couple rounds but overall close fight that could've maybe gone either way but closer for Lara or a Draw then Canelo IMO.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Lara won but nobody will get a win over Canelo like that. There's too much money behind him as GBP/HBO's future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo Alvarez vs Erislandy Lara PPV TheTeddyBear 132 96,942 08-08-2014 12:33 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Canelo Vs Lara - Live Streams Vids boxingcritic 0 1,683 07-11-2014 06:05 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic
  Canelo camp insider says the camp is not going well for Lara fight Fitz 21 13,872 07-07-2014 10:48 PM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)