Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins this Saturday?
Adrien Broner
Shawn Porter
[Show Results]

Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter
06-18-2015, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 12:24 PM by BrutalBodyShots.)
Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter
Dead even odds suggests a 50/50 fight. Who do you guys have and why?

I read somewhere that there was a rehydration clause to prevent Porter from being as heavy as would normally be the case on fight night. Anyone have any details on it and do you think it will make a difference?

My gut says Porter by decision. Broner has always been pretty resilient in there when hurt/knocked down, so I imagine that even if he's hurt badly he may find a way to survive. I'd love to see him ktfo of course, but that would be too good to be true. I think Porter registers a knockdown or two that in a close fight would result in him taking a decision.

Porter UD12 Broner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter
Broner said "I'm fighting a fucking football player, not a boxer!"

You have to appreciate that.
06-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Porter via Dec. I think he'll outwork Broner and land some good hard shots in the process. All the people who wanted to see Porter vs Mayweather will get a good indication of what would've happened now that he's facing the poor man's Floyd.

I think with Broner looking like he has cement shoes in the center of the ring, Porter should find success taking the fight there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Haymon is grooming Broner to be a star. This fight is set up for Broner to win.

Broner UD. It will be close and competitive but Broner will win.
06-18-2015, 06:26 PM
I didn't realize that there was a 144 pound catch weight for this fight. Figures. I also just read that it's a 10 pound rehydration clause, so Porter will have to weigh in at 144 and be no more than 154 the day of the fight.

This could be very difficult for Porter; I don't think the guy has EVER weighed in at 144 for a fight his entire career. I know for all of his Welter fights he's been 146-147 and prior to that he was fighting at Jr. Middle. He could be very drained for this fight and can't even completely hydrate after. Porter will likely beat least 6-7 pounds lighter in the ring than he usually is.
06-18-2015, 08:16 PM
(06-18-2015 01:28 PM)JD Wrote:  Broner said "I'm fighting a fucking football player, not a boxer!"

You have to appreciate that.

I can appreciate deez nutz in ya mouth.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
06-18-2015, 08:40 PM
I think losing the weight to try to beat AB, Adrien Broner, will leave him sluggish down the stretch. The Can Man can win, the Can Man can get his hair brushed. It just depends on whether he wants to throw it or not. He threw the Maidana fight so big bro could cement his legacy with a dude that beat Broner.
06-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Having a fighter come down in weight is a bitch move to begin with, but the rehydration clause takes the pussy move to the next level.

Broner wants a Porter who is far less than the 100% Porter we are used to.

What a BITCH! Al Haymon is BAD FOR BOXING!
06-18-2015, 09:31 PM
I grew up in the amatuers with Shawn where he fought and was successful at 165lbs and still the same no body fat ripped up Porter, hes short bit he's naturally way heavier i seen a recent picture and shawn loomed unhealthy skinny i think he made since major dusty changes in order to get himself down walking around 150ish in order to not exceed the rehydration limit

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
06-18-2015, 09:32 PM
(06-18-2015 08:40 PM)gravytrain Wrote:  I think losing the weight to try to beat AB, Adrien Broner, will leave him sluggish down the stretch. The Can Man can win, the Can Man can get his hair brushed. It just depends on whether he wants to throw it or not. He threw the Maidana fight so big bro could cement his legacy with a dude that beat Broner.

gravy got the logic game down on lock.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adrien Broner Appreciation Thread JD 523 425,849 03-21-2023 04:45 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
Exclamation SHAWN PORTER'S BIGGEST CHALLENGE?!!?? ViperSniper 10 943 10-12-2019 02:14 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Tim Bradley vs Shawn Porter @ 147 Fitz 9 770 10-03-2019 07:06 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)