Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Game of Thrones
07-12-2015, 04:23 AM
Game of Thrones
The last season finished about a month ago. Who was watching? Like everyone, there was a big shock seeing Jon Snow die in the last episode. There has been some discussion that people think he will be resurrected in some form later on, and I never read the books but they say based on the books, he is a big character and say he has a big untold story, so some believe he may come back.
Thoughts? What did people think of the last season?

I hate having to wait until next year for the following season now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Game of Thrones
John Snow was a pussy and I hope he's dead.

My favorite thing about the show is that HBO spent at least a couple hundred million dollars before finally letting the princess ride the dragon. That could have easily been a hook in the show much earlier to grow the audience but they waited until the end of season 5 to film it to give it more drama. I'm sure that when HBO has some kind of retrospective about "it's not tv, it's HBO" in 50 years that Dany riding the dragon will be a major clip.
07-12-2015, 12:32 PM
They are following the books really well

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-12-2015, 01:54 PM
No fucking spoilers from any book readers in here. I know they have caught up but am quite sure the book readers know slightly more.

GOT is the atomic bomb.
07-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Personally, I loved the series when it first started, like absolutely LOVED it. But now they've more or less killed off any meaningful redeemable character, and I kind of don't give a shit what happens to anyone, or just hope the White Walkers just come in and fuck shit up (what some people are predicting Martin to do). I mean which Kingdoms are even still in contention for the Iron Throne? Like...2? Maybe 3?

I guess it's kinda broken down to the individual stories and the kingdoms no longer really matter, but Jon Snow is dead (the last storyline I cared about, though I think he's probably going to come back), Daenerys has gotten kind of annoying, and I'm for whatever reason not that interested in Arya's storyline anymore.

I know I'm starting to sound kind of like this stuck-up film critic or something, but I honestly think there were too many storylines to begin with and they're just getting lazy in closing them. At this point, all I want to see if Ramsey get fucked up, and for both Jon Snow and Ygritte to get resurrected because their love story was probably the best thing of the whole show for me.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2015, 03:52 AM
Yeah, watched them all and I loved them.

I kind of wish I would have read the books as books always seem better than movies/series, but still, awesome show.
07-19-2015, 04:03 AM
(07-12-2015 04:56 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Personally, I loved the series when it first started, like absolutely LOVED it. But now they've more or less killed off any meaningful redeemable character, and I kind of don't give a shit what happens to anyone, or just hope the White Walkers just come in and fuck shit up (what some people are predicting Martin to do). I mean which Kingdoms are even still in contention for the Iron Throne? Like...2? Maybe 3?

I guess it's kinda broken down to the individual stories and the kingdoms no longer really matter, but Jon Snow is dead (the last storyline I cared about, though I think he's probably going to come back), Daenerys has gotten kind of annoying, and I'm for whatever reason not that interested in Arya's storyline anymore.

I know I'm starting to sound kind of like this stuck-up film critic or something, but I honestly think there were too many storylines to begin with and they're just getting lazy in closing them. At this point, all I want to see if Ramsey get fucked up, and for both Jon Snow and Ygritte to get resurrected because their love story was probably the best thing of the whole show for me.

I was with you, except for the John Snow part, I hope he just stays dead, he was a boring cunt.

I always liked Jamie Lannister when he had both hands, his arrogance was actually amusing and the dude could fight. That other Prince Obereen dude was funny too, just a total fukc up but comfortable with that.

Arya is the only one I like now. Oh and the dwarf, he is a funny bastard how he is always looking for wine. He reminds me of a cousin of mine, just a happy, funny, witty drunk.

But WTF is with that Daenerys chick, I wish she would just go and fight. Her story is just dragginggggggggggggggggggggg.
07-20-2015, 07:39 AM
The show has gotten away from the books in a lot of ways.
07-20-2015, 12:02 PM
(07-19-2015 04:03 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  But WTF is with that Daenerys chick, I wish she would just go and fight. Her story is just dragginggggggggggggggggggggg.
I see what you did there...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Games of Thrones lloyd mayflower 276 12,756 10-08-2021 11:06 PM
Last Post: Warlord

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)