Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Racial Slur Database
11-02-2015, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 06:22 PM by Snoop.)
RE: Racial Slur Database
LOL. I come back on here to see if Warlord responded to my post and there's pictures of the "Prison Break" guy photoshopped on a bed and a video of flushing poop? LOL. How did THAT happen?

(10-31-2015 11:02 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Stop me if I get too personal Snoop, but what was the most challenging aspect for you growing up in America? Again, I ask because I'll have a son or daughter someday growing up in very similar circumstances.

Did you ever truly feel "American", and if not, why not? And was there anything anyone could have done to make your life easier?

P.S. I got around to watching that movie you recommended, Hari-Kiri. Overall I emjoyed it, but it really made me want to see the original for comparison.

Not at all man. I mean...I think you bring up a really interesting space for people who are American-born (insert other nationality). We're never accepted in our ancestral lands, and not 100% accepted here. It's this weird middle ground where we don't ever really feel "at home". But I also acknowledge that a lot of my ways of thinking are very "American" and that I'm afforded a lot more civil liberties here than I would in Taiwan, or any other country that I've been to. I'm much more vociferous about being American now (sometimes out of jest), but I've also noticed it to be a bit more accepted, so things could be changing gradually as well.

Growing up, I didn't face anything too horrible; it was more annoying than anything else. People thinking I can't speak English, teachers flunking me because they thought I was an ESL student and saying I couldn't write properly (which is fucking ironic given the profession I'm trying to pursue now), or the opposite of assuming I was some kind of genius in math. Then there's the social stigmas the cool kids put on you when they put you in this subservient role of being "nerdy" or "docile", and having a more challenging time with women because they think you have a small dick. LOL. Basically, you're grouped into a few categories of a stereotype, whereas white kids had more flexibility to assume more roles. I think that was the main thing I noticed growing up.

Granted, I've outgrown a lot of those things, and I fully recognize how a lot of those limitations were created in limiting self-beliefs, but at the same time, when you're like 10 years old, you kind of subscribe to what people say about things and what kind of messaging we're being bombarded with from popular culture. It can create a trauma that people grow up with and affects them well into adulthood. I think that's one of the main issues the racial divide is so strong. A lot of past traumas that aren't being acknowledged or dealt with.

I also grew up in Alaska (which is pretty hillbilly, but people there are still nice) and overeducated PC land Seattle, where people are superficially polite and would never say anything overtly racist. I remember driving across the US to a boxing tournament in Kansas City though, and when we stopped at a gas station in Idaho, the people there gave us some pretty menacing looks, like "Don't you dare step in here" and I was a little bit worried about my safety. There's basically places in the midwest and deep south that I wouldn't want to go anytime soon.

And I'm Asian. I'd say for the most part, we get the least amount of shit of the minority groups. I think you'd hear some pretty atrocious stories from someone who was Mexican-American or nowadays, Arab-American. And the whole thing about it, it's all dependent on global politics, or shit I basically have no control over. If we suddenly went to war with China or something, or there was this overwhelmingly large hate campaign against Asians, like China bombs us or something, I dunno WTF would happen.

That being all said, my father grew up a poor kid from Taiwan and has since made it pretty nicely for himself here in the USA. He told me that there's no way he could have made it the way he has back in the homeland and that the economic opportunity here in America is unlike anywhere in the world. It's really free in some sense, and debilitating in others. Mixed bag overall, I'd say.

P.S. About Hari-Kiri. I never watched the original, but I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are on comparison. BTW, have you ever seen the movie "13 Assassins"?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Snoop, I don't blame myself for either the Prison Break tramp stamp nor the flushing poop.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
11-02-2015, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 10:28 PM by ViperSniper.)
(11-01-2015 03:06 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I'm Australian and consider myself Australian, though parents, 2nd and 3rd generation are all from Chile and were born there. Me and my cousins were the first to be born outside of Chile.
I have never been to Chile, and I understand spanish though don't speak it so great. Though I consider myself an Australian. Though I understand what people are asking when I get asked "where I'm from" or my "nationality". I just tell them that I was born in Australia but my parents are from Chile. That is all that they are really asking.

I'm not very patriotic as an Australian or Chilean, I am just grateful that I am lucky enough to be in such a great country. You can be proud to be part of a country you're in, but it isn't an achievement or an accomplishment or anything. I don't get people that act like a country they are from is some sort of an achievement. It's not like anyone has any kind of control on where they were born, it is just pure luck if you were lucky enough to have been brought in to an established country that have opportunity for you.
Immigrants are more likely to get victimised in certain countries. But in my mind, I actually think that the ones that worked their way to move away from 3rd world, poverty stricken or war torn country and move into established countries to provide a better future for their future children have more to be proud of than people that have been lucky enough (like me) to be born in a country that I live in. So I will never understand the moral high ground that some patriotic racists have about immigrants, like it is something that they personally own.
The only thing I don't like about some immigrants are ones that are not willing to adapt to their country of choice's culture or give something back and not just take.

But back to what Warlord was saying, I don't really identify myself with anything, I just see myself as a greatful Australian citizen with Chilean parents. Now that I am an adult, I have cooked things my parents used to make and I will continue cooking those things I have learned for my children to eat, and things that normal Australian's wouldn't be accustomed too. I was always very family orientated and when I see my dad, brother (yes Viper), uncles, aunties etc. I give them a hug and a kiss on the cheek and that is normal for me and I will do that with my son, though that is awkward with some cultures to hug and kiss you dad or brother on the cheek to show affection. There are heaps of little things that will be passed onto my son because that is just how I was raised and I don't know any different and I like.
I don't think it matters at all with what you identify yourself with. My children will be Australian and if asked what their "blood line, nationality, heritage, parents are from because you don't look like a typical 'Aussie'". They can just say that their dad is Chilean and mother is half Greek and half Irish, but they are Australian.

Great post!!!

When I get asked "where are you from?" or "what nationality are you?" I'll say the exact same thing. Truth is, I'd probably get laughed at by many if I was to tell an Australian, that I'm Australian. I won't say I'm Australian though because I'm not, as I don't have a trace of it in my blood line. I'm an Australian citizen whose proudly born & raised here whereas my parents were born & raised in Chile.

I feel both Australian & Chilean based on my surroundings, upbringing & bloodline, but frankly couldn't give two fucks what I am, just who I am!

I fkn hate racism alot. I fkn hate it when I hear Australians be racist towards immigrants and fkn hate it when immigrants are racists towards Australians. I hear and see it all the fuckin time too!

I grew up being pretty much the only latin in my area and amongst my school. Whenever there were racism it was between the wogs, arabs, asians, & aussies so surprisingly I was ok instead of being a target. However, even back then i realized how fkn ignorant and shit it was to be measuring and treating people based on their background.

I hanged around the "wogs" through out high school but towards the end hanged out with the aussies to which i was labeled a traitor and a aussie lol. Now most my friends are both lol. If i hang around aussies i apparently "sound like a wog" & when I'm around wogs I apparently sound "really aussie" lol

I can totally understand where snoop is coming from in regards to being in the middle of where your bloodline comes from and where you call home. However I don't feel I've ever had any serious problems personally with racism nor has it stopped me from doing anything in life. Maybe because I'm not someone who will ask someone where they're from (only out of curiosity) to determine how much i give that person..like MANY do!

I've met many great people & scumbags regardless of where they're from.

LMFAO @ Warlord & his lookalike!!! lol
I also had to google Wentworth Miller and pissed myself. Way back a friend shaved his head and when i saw him he was like "do i look like the guy from prison break!?? My mum thinks i look like the guy from prison break!! Do you think i look like the guy from prison break!??"

Other than having a shaved heas..he didn't look like the guy from prison break lol
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Prison break was awesome... And so is Wentworth Miller... He also plays Captain Cold in the Flash TV show... Dominic Purcell plays Heatwave and they're just so damn good together...

Wentworth is super fuccing gay tho... So that pic is probably legit.
11-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Lucky bi-G didn't know you look like Wentworth Miller, Warlord you would have been inundated with PM's from him, wanting to 'catch-up' so you could sort things out, man-to-man lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Thank goodness they don't have any slang terms for a white South African. I'd burn that bitch website down to the ground.
11-17-2015, 01:41 AM
Let's ask a blk South African if there are any... Lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)