Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kovalev-Pascal II set for Jan 30th.
12-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Kovalev-Pascal II set for Jan 30th.
Looks like the rematch is set between Kovalev-Pascal early next year. I don't mind this fight as the first was decent, Pascal had small success and their was debate on weather the fight should have been stopped or not.

I remember after watching the replay that Pascal seemed much more hurt than I originally thought.

I know most will expect the same result bit does any feel Pascal posses any threat a second time around based on the first?

Pascal has hired Freddie Roach as his new trainer, not sure about that team but still would like to see this rematch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Kovalev-Pascal II set for Jan 30th.
I'd have rather not seen a rematch. I don't think their first fight was particularly close, and Pascal took a lot of damage. I think he gets stopped quicker this time. Punchers like Kovalev always do better the second time around in fights like this.
12-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Yeah I agree that Kovalev wins again. Dont see what Pascal can do to improve...he just doesnt have the power to outgun Kovalev or the fitness to win 7 rounds.

Black
12-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Nothing Pascal can do here. He won maybe 2 rounds in the first fight and that's probably his best case scenario in the rematch. Even if he does grab another round or two early the inevitable is still going to come. Once Kovalev connects big a couple of times the fight will be over. No way does Pascal see the final bell.

I know these guys are basically the same age, maybe Kovalev is a year younger but when I think about these two guys I feel like Pascal is about 10 years older. I know it's probably just because Pascal's biggest fights like Dawson and Froch were a while back at this point and Kovalev is relatively new to the top level of the sport. To me this fight has the feel of the young lion that's simply got too much for the older slightly past prime vet, even if their ages don't suggest that.
12-12-2015, 05:18 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I think Pascal is done, even with Freddie Roach.
12-12-2015, 07:58 AM
Light-heavy is in a rut until either Kovalev-Stevenson can finally be made somehow (unlikely) or until Beterbiev finally steps up for a title challenge.

Black
12-12-2015, 08:29 AM
I think the division is hot black but see what you mean. Apparently Stevenson approached Kovalev at a figjt recently and told him he wants to fight..
Kovalev-Stevenson is right up there with the fights I want to see the most. Adonis would be a very live dog early in the fight but would take Kov by KO..
12-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah i think a lot of people would write Stevenson off but he could make it very interesting early on.

Its a shame we never got Stevenson-Pascal. That would be huge in Canada.

Black
12-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Agreed. Many similarities between the two too. Who knows..maybe down the track it could still happen. Kovalev-Beterbiev would be good in a couple of years
12-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Stevenson is full of shit. Him ducking Kov is the reason we got Kov/Hops. I can't see him wanting the fight now that he's gotten bigger and better wins.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kovalev Pascal III? Nay_Sayer 18 1,193 01-01-2020 10:52 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Kovalev vs Pascal II Weigh-In boxingcritic 0 1,370 01-29-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic
  Kovalev vs Pascal boxingcritic 97 77,445 03-23-2015 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)