Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mares-Agbeko II Showtime Discussion Thread
12-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Good fight Mares showed he's the better fighter but a guy like Agbeko will always give him trouble.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 02:11 AM
Moreno boxed really well..comepletely right on the Sweet Pea comparison MMM. Moreno's bodywork was great. All the credit in the world to Vic for fighting another world class champion.

Mares won about 9 rounds. He had a couple of low blows but he won this even more decisively this time...but I definitely felt that the ref was gonna give Mares the benifit of the doubt...Mares should have at least been deducted a point..but overall he clearly won this fight...so Mares-Moreno next?

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
12-04-2011, 02:17 AM
yea Moreno is slick him and Mares would be interesting.
12-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Sh*t, I thought Vic was going to land that big wild left that was almost whistling past the tip of Moreno' chin!

However, I think Moreno is really hitting his straps now, he looked more polished than ever. He managed to get wins over Sydorenko in Germany (almost impossible given everyone knows how bias scoring is over there), but he didn't look as good as this. And he also struggled against Perez, but Moreno is a journeyman, he will go anywhere for a scrap!

Great win for Moreno, the Pea comparisions are definately right on. He was fluid and a class act in there.

Mares, I agree with those who said he was blatantly dirty yet again. Nothing like BHOP or Ward. That said, I don't think it changed the outcome of this fight and he was slightly the better man over most rounds on first view to me, but the scores don't refect how competitive the fight was in its entirity. I'll have to watch it again though much more closely to be able to score it properly, a pretty tough fight to score.

Agbeko says his moving up, as does Mares. Although Mares V Moreno HAS to be made now to determine the true Bantam king! Too bad Donaire has run away to fight a bum like Vasquez when Bantam is loaded with talent!
12-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Was I the only one who thought the fix was in with Lou Moret? He seemed to be very clearly biased against Agbeko.
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:Was I the only one who thought the fix was in with Lou Moret? He seemed to be very clearly biased against Agbeko.
Nope.

The CEO Wrote:FUCK YOU, LOU MORET!
There was some foreshadowing when he was giving the pre-fight instructions to Agbeko in his locker room...he was being stern towards him, with emphasis that he would DQ HIM if he fouled!

Then, during the fight, he was pretty much concentrating on and only watching Agbeko as he circled around them....even though Mares had a notable cut and the fouling spree in the first fight....smh.

It was sickening.
12-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Agbeko can fight inside worth a damn. He tried his hand at being an occassional brawler and just doesnt have that type of game. Mares stuck to his game plan and won a hard fought fight. Good entertaining fight.
12-05-2011, 11:33 PM
The CEO Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:Was I the only one who thought the fix was in with Lou Moret? He seemed to be very clearly biased against Agbeko.
Nope.

There was some foreshadowing when he was giving the pre-fight instructions to Agbeko in his locker room...he was being stern towards him, with emphasis that he would DQ HIM if he fouled!

Then, during the fight, he was pretty much concentrating on and only watching Agbeko as he circled around them....even though Mares had a notable cut and the fouling spree in the first fight....smh.

It was sickening.
Just finished watching that fight from dressing rooms to post . . . Mares fought an excellent fight. Agbeko was off by about a foot with that wild assed left hook. Mares is deserving.

That said, I noticed Moret's bullshit too.
12-06-2011, 01:20 AM
and the NEW Wrote:Sh*t, I thought Vic was going to land that big wild left that was almost whistling past the tip of Moreno' chin!

However, I think Moreno is really hitting his straps now, he looked more polished than ever. He managed to get wins over Sydorenko in Germany (almost impossible given everyone knows how bias scoring is over there), but he didn't look as good as this. And he also struggled against Perez, but Moreno is a journeyman, he will go anywhere for a scrap!

Sorry, that was confusing. I meant struggled against Cermeno (for some reason I had Mares fight with Perez in my head).

The Moreno I saw, looked much better than any I've seen previously. I'm not sure if it's a styles make fights thing, or if he is really hitting his prime now. Apparently he will be fighting in NY again next time out and his after Arce. Would be a good match-up!
12-06-2011, 09:38 AM
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:
Nope.

It was sickening.
Just finished watching that fight from dressing rooms to post . . . Mares fought an excellent fight. Agbeko was off by about a foot with that wild assed left hook. Mares is deserving.

That said, I noticed Moret's bullshit too.
Good to see you back, Big Beardo...you and I gotta talk about The ChuCha Room...a PM will be coming your way...

I have no problem with Mares winning the fight, BUT....he WAS blatantly committing harmful fouls again without remorse...so I'm unable to respect that or him.

Think if you were Agbeko....after what happened in the first bout...surely, you'd think they wouldn't bend you over AGAIN like that?

The dirty fouling Mares with his GBP Influence and Insurance are on my Radar, and they're gonna reap what they've sown...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Morales vs. Garcia Discussion Thread Byrd Man 49 28,501 10-27-2012 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots
  Kessler v. Green Discussion Thread Byrd Man 15 9,340 05-21-2012 10:55 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread SKULLSPLITTER 315 189,588 12-10-2011 10:00 AM
Last Post: Method

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)