Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Ortiz vs Berto II
03-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Ortiz vs Berto II
Not too much discussion going on in here lately, so why not add to it with some discussion of another meaningless fight between two has-beens or once-relevants?

Their first fight 5 years ago was exciting and certainly worthy of an immediate rematch which of course we never got. But, half of the reason it was exciting outside of it being a fun fight was that both guys actually mattered at the time. Now they don't.

In their last 7, Berto is 3-4 and Ortiz is 3-3-1. Funny how they were perfect for each other 5 years ago and yet today under completely different circumstances they are still perfect for each other.

Anyone care to guess how this one plays out? 12 round snooze fest? Ortiz quits? Someone gets a KO? With the way boxing works, no doubt the winner manages a #1 contender ranking based largely on name recognition and then we see them blown out by Thurman or someone in the fall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Ortiz vs Berto II
Damn..... What a pile.

Fights like this are ok though, provided its not PPV and its not billed as a return to p4p status for the victor bla bla bla all that shit.

I assume since I know nothing of what Quitter Ortoz has been up to, that Berto has been losing his recent fights at a higher level and has been more active in his losery. So il pick Berto as "winner" in this one.
03-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Im not watching this bullshit.
03-25-2016, 08:25 PM
This will be fun again... I hope Berto takes the rematch to set up a trilogy.

Both guys bring it...
Ones a quitter.. The other one just sux. But I have a bit of a soft spot for Ortiz. He could be pretty good if he wasn't such a head case.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I actually like both of these guys even though they are both spent. Berto, in particular, is exciting as hell when he mixes it up.

I agree that the winner, especially if it's Berto, will get a title shot and that's bullshit. That said, the first fight was so great and so I'm going to hold out hope for this one because there isn't much else out there right now as far as match ups.

And I like that this is on Fox.

I'll take Berto by ko.
04-24-2016, 09:09 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ortiz quits!
04-24-2016, 01:56 PM
The only thing Ortiz won't quit.... Is quitting.
04-26-2016, 12:13 PM
OKC - San Antonio Game 1 on Saturday.

Let's talk about that instead.
04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
I think SA takes it JD. OKC struggled with an old, banged up Dallas Mavs.
04-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Whoever wins this series wins it all.

OKC looked bored at times against Dallas, but handled them without too much effort from what I saw. Game 1 set the tone, and Dallas was only going to be in the games OKC wanted them in.

Parker always struggles with Westbrook, but the addition of Aldridge and West give SA that much more skill in the front court. The good news is that Billy Donovan realized that Dion Waiters needs his ass on the bench to start...let Roberson play D and save the shooting for Durant, Westbrook and those big dudes. It's an interesting series...I think it will be the best of the playoffs to be honest.

I can make a case for either of them here...but I Pop is just not someone you want to pick against.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Berto-Ortiz II in danger Romulus9 58 37,094 05-23-2012 04:12 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Berto vs Ortiz II BrotherCane 15 9,420 04-20-2012 07:13 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Berto - Ortiz Off JD 16 10,520 02-01-2012 12:27 PM
Last Post: EAlbian

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)