Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
03-27-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
Ward has been fighting cab drivers once every 18 months since Dawson.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Edwin Rodriguez wasn't so bad. He has above average power and was undefeated...

Barrera was a good contender and gave a good account of himself.

Idk who the fucc Paul Smith was.... A EuroBum?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2016, 01:24 AM
(03-27-2016 09:30 AM)salvador Wrote:  Ward is obviously a much faster and sharper boxer and it's very possible that his footwork is the difference with Kovalev. But I don't believe Ward can seriously hurt Kovalev because he doesn't commit to his punches enough and Kovalev has a great chin.

Kovalev will be coming forward all night and landing tons of brushing shots on Ward's shoulders and arms and chest and it'll come down to whether or not Kovalev is able to put enough hurt on Ward in the first half to land something big in the second half. If Ward is going to win it'll be on his defense and his counters.

I look at Kovalev's footwork in the Hopkins fight and I don't think Ward has that going for him. Ward hasn't had to deal with any real threat offensively to him since Dawson and Dawson didn't even provide anything for Ward to worry about. Meanwhile Kovalev has been taking out every beast in the division and Stevenson won't fight him. I think he might be able to even finish Ward.
03-28-2016, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 02:53 AM by ViperSniper.)
(03-27-2016 09:30 AM)salvador Wrote:  Ward is obviously a much faster and sharper boxer and it's very possible that his footwork is the difference with Kovalev. But I don't believe Ward can seriously hurt Kovalev because he doesn't commit to his punches enough and Kovalev has a great chin.

Kovalev will be coming forward all night and landing tons of brushing shots on Ward's shoulders and arms and chest and it'll come down to whether or not Kovalev is able to put enough hurt on Ward in the first half to land something big in the second half. If Ward is going to win it'll be on his defense and his counters.

Hopkins with one shot was able to slightly buzz Kov for a split sec coming in. Ward is on par with Hopkins power wise (along with many other things) but is much fresher & younger. Ward has been sitting on his shots in the last couple of fights and has been committing to his shots alot more. Have you not seen that or you just don't think it'll be enough?

Well that's the big problem Ward faces. All the brushing shots on the shoulders, arms, chest not to mention along the head Kov will be landing. The other problem is Kov doesn't have to put hurt on Ward early to land late..he can land something big, whenever against Ward.

Ward will have to fight the fight of his life to win this..
03-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Ward might just price himself out of this. He seems happy to sit on the sidelines/not take the big fights/not leave his back garden.

Lets hope there isnt some cathweight or soem other bullshit gets in the way of one of the most imtirguing examples of boxing vs power in recent years
03-28-2016, 10:49 AM
(03-28-2016 08:05 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Hopkins with one shot was able to slightly buzz Kov coming in. Ward is on par with Hopkins power wise (along with many other things) but is much fresher & younger. Ward has been sitting in his shots in his last couple of fights and has been committing to his shots alot of. Have you not seen that or you just don't think it'll be enough?

Ward will have to fight the fight of his life to win this..

He's sitting down on his punches more but he's also fighting lesser fighters. Somehow I suspect that when faced with Kovalev's aggression and power that Ward isn't going to be so flat footed.

I'd like to see Ward fight at least one more time at 175 before facing Kovalev.
03-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Ward would never fight Kovalev like he fought Barrera.

Eff Ward.
03-28-2016, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 05:24 PM by ViperSniper.)
I've got a feeling Ward will have no choice but to fight Kov the way he fought Barrera. Unless your on your bike, you can't fight someone as strong, powerful n tough as Kov without sitting on your shots.

Ward hits harder than most give him credit for. He can hurt Kov here!

On a side note! Kov has that crazy, sinister Russianess to him with that lil smirk and laugh. He loved being bood in Cali and was eating it up. He said he wants to fight Ward in Cali so he can beat him up infront of his crowd. Kov has bad intentions!
03-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Ward is going to work Kov over when they meet.

03-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Please let this be a pure fight if this happens. No CW's!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,057 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward's Got a Fight! boxingcritic 4 4,837 01-20-2015 04:34 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)