Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
03-28-2016, 09:32 PM
RE: Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
Kov couldn't KO Bhop... He's not gonna KO Ward.

If you rolled BHop and Pascal into one person, you'd get Andre Ward..

BHops Defense, Chin, and high IQ. Pascals Speed, Strength and Athleticism.

I think he's gonna show Kov there's levels to this shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2016, 01:03 AM
Kov is a very under rated technician, that being said Virgil and Andres ability to gameplan and execute is on levels I've never seen before. I think we'll see both chins tested. Then see the winner lose in their next fight to the bievs

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 02:15 AM
(03-28-2016 08:21 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Ward might just price himself out of this. He seems happy to sit on the sidelines/not take the big fights/not leave his back garden.

Lets hope there isnt some cathweight or soem other bullshit gets in the way of one of the most imtirguing examples of boxing vs power in recent years

Ward won't price himself out, he is cut from a different cloth than these modern day fighters.
I also don't believe he is 'happy to sit on the sidelines', 'not take big fights'. The only one you said that I am still not convinced about with him is 'leaving his back garden'.
But his last few years have been frustrating, but he has been sidelined though promotional/contract reasons and injury.
He hasn't fought anybody in the few fights he has managed to have, but luckily for him, there hasn't been anyone worthy at 168 anyways, or someone that has looked ready to step up and challenge him for his throne.

Ward is a real professional and fights the right fight for certain fights. I have seen people be critical of his performance (not here) against Barrera, about him getting hit too much, looking rusty, he should have destroyed a guy like Barrera in under 8 rounds....
Ward is like Hopkins in a way, where he isn't afraid to get hit, but he knows when and who against where he should fight a more offensive fight and whether he is open to taking more hits so he is willing to land bigger and harder shots himself. Unlike guys like Mayweather, Wlad, Rigondeaux and the likes....they are guys who will fight the same regardless of their opponent and will always try their hardest to not get hit. Ward is like Hopkins and Toney, certain opponents he is willing to be more offensive and means he gets tagged more but he can also fight a safer and uglier fight and restrict his opponent on shots getting landed.

Ward is cut from a different cloth from some of these modern guys and he is willing to get down and dirty at times. Ward and Kov at 175 is one of the best fights that can happen right now, and Ward is professional enough, hard enough to get the job done.
03-29-2016, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 03:05 AM by ViperSniper.)
Ward has enough power, skill n wits to get the shots that count when he can. But having blocks being swung full force at you from a guy that is not stupid & doesn't give a fuck! Ward will have to be alert and fight hard & smart to try avoid getting hit from a shot that erases his work.

Ward better bring his A game when they meet & if he does then he can take this!
03-29-2016, 04:16 AM
Ward wouldn't leave America for the Super tourney and if you listen to the late Dan Goosen's side of the story he did price himself out of fights.

Dawson was dumb enough to come down to ward's weight but why didn't Ward say 'fuck it' and go up to 175?

I'm not a huge fan of his. Hopkins on the other hand would travel anywhere to fight dudes. Different level than this diva.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-29-2016, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 08:55 AM by TheTeddyBear.)
Ward ducked Bute that's all you need to know about his willingness for fights

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Bute succs. Ward would've killed em.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Bute ducked Ward. He wanted no part of the s6 and lost to a journeyman boxer. When he did try to revive his career he lost to Froch and Froch maybe won 2 rounds against Ward.
03-29-2016, 03:27 PM
https://youtu.be/sMhPm_2OU3U

03-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Dickagon, Froch handed Bute his first loss.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,057 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward's Got a Fight! boxingcritic 4 4,837 01-20-2015 04:34 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)