Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
03-29-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Andre Ward-Sulivan Barrera
I picked Froch over Bute and Ward was clearly better than both of them. Had Bute fought in the s6 i don't think his 0 would've lasted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2016, 04:38 PM
If Bute was in the Super 6, he would have lost to:

Ward
Froch
Kessler
Abraham
and possibly Dirrell

Come to think of it, it's kind of surprising that Bute never fought Dirrell just because Dirrell was the lightest hitting guy in the division and he had some credibility.
03-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Exactly. Bute skated by on fighting lower level dudes in his backyard. I don't doubt Ward wanted a fight in Oakland or typical Ward shit, not avoiding a guy he'd easily beat and probably not even win a fight in the s6. Don't forget that even with inactivity he's still going to fight Kovalev and Kovalev is the most dangerous guy at 175
03-29-2016, 08:26 PM
According to my Boxing Math Ward beat Bute by KO in 1 round....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 03:38 AM by ViperSniper.)
Ward-Bute was the fight to see at one point. Would have been a great fight to watch!
03-29-2016, 10:50 PM
He beat the brakes off of Froch. Bute would've been manhandled in there. And to be honest Dawson is a underrated win due to the cw. Ward beat his ass like he's a middleweight. That type of fighter would never lose to a guy at Bute's level
03-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Agreed that Ward would have easily beaten Bute. He would have given him his first loss which would have looked fantastic but instead it never happened. Bute has been a 500 fighter since and has lost a lot of his luster.

I disagree on Dawson being an underrated win. Had Dawson gone on to show some success post-Ward, I would perhaps value it a bit more, but all Dawson did was get KO in 1 in his next fight and has been a 500 fighter post-Ward. That to me says that not only did the weight drain ruin Dawson in the ring that night against Ward, but it also ruined him going forward in what has become a lackluster career since.
03-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Ward let Bute slip by, instead Froch took his 0 in what turned out to be a huge night for Froch's career. Ward will consistently miss out on that career defining night cos he is an arse.

Froch is a fine example of the 0 not mattering one fuck if you take the fights that matter. In that respect, he is FAR more similar to BHOP than Ward is.
03-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Dawson was a bigger man and an accomplished fighter.

Lloyd, I doubt it's by chance Bute fought Froch before trying to go after Ward. Not after watching him eat leather for 12 rounds.
03-30-2016, 02:05 PM
That may be so... but regardles of how Ward would have done... he didnt do. Thats on Ward. Froch may have limitations, but in taking Butes 0 he took a big scalp while Ward sat on his arse and done fuck all.

Ward sat back and let a guy he beat take Butes 0, the glory and the coin in his division then ride off into the sunset with plenty of plaudits for the run at the tail of his career.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andre Ward Retires blackbelt2003 67 25,055 12-10-2017 02:11 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Andre Ward Retires JD 2 1,508 09-21-2017 04:02 PM
Last Post: The Conscience
  Andre Ward's Got a Fight! boxingcritic 4 4,836 01-20-2015 04:34 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)