Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Star Wars: Rogue One
04-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Star Wars: Rogue One
Didn't know if I should have put this in the "Movies" thread or the "New Star Wars Movie" thread, but I thought it was a big enough deal that it didn't belong in a encompassing thread about movies and different enough from the Original Star Wars story.

Actually, I hardly watch Star Wars so maybe I shouldn't be the one writing this, but I am interested in what people here have to say about it.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Star Wars: Rogue One
I'm definitely more hyped for it than I was before. It looks and 'feels' like Star Wars.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
04-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I thought force awakens felt like Star Wars.. at leas tin some bits. Havent seen the trailer though as i'm at work and subject to that most heinous of human rights violations.... the dreaded youtube ban.
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2016, 03:25 PM
No Vader in the trailer...that sucks! Well...hopefully in the next one.
04-10-2016, 11:56 PM
I'm so confused by the Star Wars timeline....

I don't think this will help. Lol
04-11-2016, 02:47 AM
(04-07-2016 02:25 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I thought force awakens felt like Star Wars.. at leas tin some bits. Havent seen the trailer though as i'm at work and subject to that most heinous of human rights violations.... the dreaded youtube ban.
https://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

04-12-2016, 08:53 AM
(04-10-2016 11:56 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  I'm so confused by the Star Wars timeline....

I don't think this will help. Lol

Just remember that if Vader is in it...it's very likely between episodes 3 and 4.....in other words between the prequels and the originals. You have to recall there is a very large time gap between the two sets of films...because Vader is in his mid-20s or so at the end of episode 3 when he is placed in the suit....then he is an old man by episode 4......in his 60's or so....so you have a good 35-40 years between episode 3 and 4....that is where this film takes place as does the current cartoon Rebels.
04-12-2016, 12:00 PM
I CANNOT wait to see a prime Vader in action.
04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
(04-12-2016 08:53 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  Just remember that if Vader is in it...it's very likely between episodes 3 and 4.....in other words between the prequels and the originals. You have to recall there is a very large time gap between the two sets of films...because Vader is in his mid-20s or so at the end of episode 3 when he is placed in the suit....then he is an old man by episode 4......in his 60's or so....so you have a good 35-40 years between episode 3 and 4....that is where this film takes place as does the current cartoon Rebels.
You are way off on your timeline. There are 19 years between ep. 3 and 4. Rebels takes place 14 years after Revenge of the Sith, and 5 years before A New Hope. Rogue One takes place between Rebels and A New Hope. It's the story about how the Rebellion stole the plans for the Death Star.

Vader will have to be in it, or there is a HUGE aspect of the story that is left out.

04-12-2016, 08:16 PM
I hate that I feel like I've yet to see ANY Star Wars character in their prime. Its like Lil Anikan, Mid twenties then Vader. Obi was mid 30s then like 60 yrs old.

Only in the prequels do we see a Semi Prime Obi... I want a full on PRIME JEDI kiccing ass and fighting a Prime Darth.

The closest thing was Obi and Ani vs Maul. And even that fight was a bit of a let down. Darth Maul should've been a bigger baddie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Star Wars is shit. Warlord 40 11,387 06-03-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  New Star Wars Official Trailer boxingcritic 127 68,955 01-21-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII Warlord 38 30,950 08-23-2014 11:03 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)