Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Star Wars: Rogue One
06-03-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: Star Wars: Rogue One
Disney will make it safer, that's for sure. It's hard to imagine them not doing that with as much invested in the Star Wars Universe as they have.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Their considering bringing in another Director now...

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disne...ars-story/

06-08-2016, 10:02 AM
I stand by everything I've ever said on this mess -- Star Wars under Lucas was bad from Episode I and up, but with Disney it will be worse -- The Force Awakens was overrated and isn't real Star Wars -- Rogue One looks like a steaming pile because it is a steaming pile -- The franchise is and will continue to fall victim to the leftwing Social Justice movement -- Most hardcore fans will deny this for as long as they can because they're delusional.
Find all posts by this user
06-09-2016, 10:39 AM
I totally agree. Although I did not HATE Episode 7...I only saw it twice at the theater...which is nothing compared to past films. I've never hated the later films by Lucas, I can see why people knitpick them...but the one thing all 6 films have is a feeling of being created by the same individual....Episode 7 was the first STAR WARS film that I could actually feel was not from the mind of Lucas....and it bugged me as I watched it. I was always leery of Disney making STAR WARS....for this very reason.

It sounds to me like the director knew what people wanted....and gave it to them....hell it even has the word WAR in the title...but Disney wants to make it more family friendly. The really crappy part about it...is that the film would make TONS no matter if it were rated R or PG, and it's not like parents now days really follow the ratings...hell I saw a bunch of kids at Deadpool....Disney is just trying to squeeze every cent out of by making it a family friendly film....but you lose most likely will loose the same percentage of hard core fans that will now skip paying for it because they heard you altered it...and now they feel justified in seeing a bootleg.

STAR WARS is going to make money...all you have to do is put out quality product.

I still wish Lucas had kept it.
06-09-2016, 04:18 PM
In retrospect the prequels were kind of shit. I just liked them because it's Star Wars and I was a kid that didn't fully grasp how shitty they really were. Force Awakens was a decent movie but it's just a bland mass marketing machine. Driver makes a horrible villain too.
06-09-2016, 08:42 PM
I agree with you on all points, BG, except I just don't like the prequels. I agree they feel like Star Wars, just not particularly good Star Wars.

I don't like Lucas's revisions on IV-VI either.
06-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Lucas was better before he found success, and got fat and lazy. That's when he stopped being a film maker, and became a digital effects studio owner.

06-10-2016, 10:58 AM
I agree. But it wasn't just him getting fat and lazy. He got arrogant. With Return of the Jedi forward, Lucas just wasn't open to criticism of any kind, no matter how constructive. Why would he be? He was already a fucking billionaire.

I remember Ron Moore talking about what it was like working with Lucas, and if there were any disagreements, and he gave a strange answer. He said no, there are never any disagreements. George always gets to win his arguments.
06-10-2016, 07:55 PM
That was from that TV show that never got off the ground?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Star Wars is shit. Warlord 40 11,382 06-03-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  New Star Wars Official Trailer boxingcritic 127 68,947 01-21-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII Warlord 38 30,950 08-23-2014 11:03 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)