Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Star Wars: Rogue One
05-25-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Star Wars: Rogue One
It appears that it is Vader in the scene with the Bacta Tank in the trailer, there was a lot of speculation that it was either Snoke or the Emperor, but there is a lot of info coming out stating that it is Vader and that whatever damage he sustains is the explanation as to why he is such a badass in regard to his saber skills in the Prequels and Rebels....but then why he looks so slow and rigid in A New Hope. Apparently the damage he suffers makes him have to use a different set of cybernetic limbs that are of lesser quality as his original set and it causes him to be slow and awkward.

Personally....I think that if this does turn out to be the case...it's simply a way to address the fact that the first fight with Ben and Vader was shot in the 70s and there was simply no way to measure the bar for how bad ass the duels would be later on in the series....and also the fact that Vader is an old man by that time. So it's an attempt to 'correct" something that only needs correction because of the level of saber dueling that came AFTER A New Hope was so fast and bad ass. So you now have to make up an excuse as to why Vader is that way....

Not that I mind...it should be cool seeing Vader all F'd up in a Bacta tank. And seeing what got him there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2016, 12:54 PM
As long as we get to see a bit of full throttle bad mother fucker Vader before hand. Dont tease me with Anakins skills, then jump straight to making excuses for 70s SFX
06-01-2016, 11:07 AM
“This is the closest thing to a prequel ever,” a source tells THR. “This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic film begins."

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Disney just ordered massive (and expensive) reshoots because this movie is bombing in early screen tests.

It looked like shit, and I guess I'm not alone in that feeling. Who knew Social Justice Wars, with yet another female hero written as a man, plus your token black dude, plus the even more awesome Chinese Kung Fu fighter, plus AT-ATs walking on a beach filled with palm trees, would've done so terrible in its early screenings? If only they'd made the lead a lesbian, they could've nailed every PC goalpost and hit a homerun, like the new Ghostbusters is destined to do.
06-02-2016, 12:51 AM
(06-01-2016 06:55 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Disney just ordered massive (and expensive) reshoots because this movie is bombing in early screen tests.

It looked like shit, and I guess I'm not alone in that feeling. Who knew Social Justice Wars, with yet another female hero written as a man, plus your token black dude, plus the even more awesome Chinese Kung Fu fighter, plus AT-ATs walking on a beach filled with palm trees, would've done so terrible in its early screenings? If only they'd made the lead a lesbian, they could've nailed every PC goalpost and hit a homerun, like the new Ghostbusters is destined to do.

As for me, I'm still hanging out for the first black, gay, Muslim, James Bond. May the world rejoice when that day arrives!

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
06-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Patience, my friend. You'll get him.
06-02-2016, 08:15 AM
(06-02-2016 06:01 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Patience, my friend. You'll get him.

while any remake of Shaft will have the character remain resolutely black, I mean no way could we ever change the ethnicity of Shaft, that would be racist.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
06-02-2016, 10:01 AM
I've made that argument myself.

Let Shaft be white.
Let Blade be white.
Let Little Orphan Annie become Little Orphan Andrew.
Let La Femme Nikita become "The (white) Man, Nick."

There'd be an uproar.
06-02-2016, 10:52 AM
(06-01-2016 06:55 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Disney just ordered massive (and expensive) reshoots because this movie is bombing in early screen tests.

It wasn't an actual test screening, but the brass at Disney. They watched the initial cut and ordered that reshoots be made.

One thing about Disney, and I give them a lot of credit for this, is that they are EXTREMELY protective of their Brand. Almost obsessively. In this case, the "feel" of the movie didn't match "A New Hope" closely enough, and since they are supposed to take place 10 minutes apart that couldn't fly. The initial cut apparently had the feel of a war movie, as opposed to the sci-fi epic that the Original Trilogy is.

I think that the reshoots will ultimately make a better Star Wars movie, but I still would've liked to see what the initial cut was like too.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
That's what I thougnt when I saw Pocahontas 2 tearing up the box office...

Seriously though, studios with heavy hands rarely make things better. If Episode VII is the result of Disney stepping in, I have zero faith any of these reshoots will make Rogue One any better. It's a critical trainwreck waiting to happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Star Wars is shit. Warlord 40 11,417 06-03-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  New Star Wars Official Trailer boxingcritic 127 69,075 01-21-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII Warlord 38 30,978 08-23-2014 11:03 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)