Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who has the brightest future?
Linear Champion Tyson Fury 25-0 (18KO's)
WBC champion Deontay Wilder 36-0 (35KO's)
IBF champion Anthony Joshua 16-0 (16Ko's)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions?
04-15-2016, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2020 04:17 AM by ViperSniper.)
Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions?
Who has the brightest, most promising career ahead of them out of the linear Heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, WBC champion Wilder or IBF champion Joshua?
All undefeated fighters who can bang! Who progresses between the 3, who will keep their '0' last & be the #1 best?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champion?
I'd dispute that Fury can "bang" in comparison to the other two.

I've voted for AJ, not neccessarily due to talent. More because I think he will be better marketed and better received than Fury. British fans love their Olympians and boxing is making it big over here at the moment. Eddie Hearn is doing a great job of the crossover element of his big stars. AJ also already comes with quite a likeable/charismatic persona. Wilder, an American heavyweight champ, has less buzz then one might expect, possibly because he is widely expected to get chin checked by the boxing fraternity or possibly because of 10 years of American indifference to the division.

AJ it is. He has potential to be a HUGE star in the UK
04-24-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2016 09:01 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions?
Yeah, I think AJ has the most potential to be the next big star in boxing, period, not just the biggest heavyweight star! On the Mayweather/Pacquiao/De La Hoya/Tyson type of level.

He is already selling out huge arenas like the O2. As Lloyd says, boxing is insane in the UK at the moment. He has charisma. The gold medal. He looks like a beast and his record is impressive to the casual fan (16-0 with 16 KOs)!

Wilder is always in with a punchers chance. Fury will get KO'd at some point. Ortiz will be the most avoided heavyweight until he hits his 40s - nobody wants to deal with a skilled, powerful, Cuban southpaw! Joseph Parker is flying under the radar a bit, he is the quickest, most fluid heavyweight, he is almost like a throwback to the pre-Lewis/Klit era. The test will be how he matches up with some of these other giants of men - then again, Joe Louis never had any problems with Primo!
12-11-2016, 06:36 AM
I say Wilder at this point. And assuming all three squared off, I'd say Wilder would be the most dangerous out of the three!
12-11-2016, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 08:22 AM by and the NEW.)
Almost 8 months on and Joshua is just building more and more momentum. The guy is at a level now that I feel he could take out any of the heavyweights, and he is still improving!

He has solid fundamentals. He can push forward or counter. He has good judgement of the distance. He has good timing. He doesn't rush. He doesn't lunge, keeps good balance. Has big power. Paces himself. He has very few holes in his game and he is only continuing to refine it.

Wilder, other than a good jab and power, has so many holes.
12-11-2016, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 09:11 AM by ViperSniper.)
Just watched the Joshua-Molina fight and he looked very impressive by showing good technique and finishing power.
AJ is definitely the more polished and skilled but Deontay Wilder has scary raw power who is also improving. He has the style & power to potentially go the furthest. Wilder has shown to take a decent shot and has never really struggled or been in danger so far either..
12-11-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't think Joshua gets passed Wlad.
12-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Fury.
12-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Personally, I think Joshua-Wilder is one of the most exciting fights we can get in the division.

It won't be a knock-em-down, drag-em-out type of fight, as both men will show respect and attempt to box.

But, the knowledge that one shot from either man could be the last of the contest will make it tense, must-see, and allow for can't-take-your-eyes-off-the-screen action.

One of them will eventually land and open the fight up...I can't see it going the distance.

Black
12-13-2016, 03:35 AM
According to this article Anthony Joshua is on his way to becoming the very first Billion dollar fighter!

Even though he is the most skilled out of the new crop, I'm still not sold, specially when Wlad is next. I'm not entirely sold on anyone in the division yet, even Fury after dethroning Wladimir. I don't think anyone is safe in the division. Alot of big, raw untested dudes who have power or are unconventional!

In 2 years time it should be interesting to see if anyone takes over or if we might see a couple of years of titles changing over.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/once...f7ac05e20c

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brightest future out of these undefeated US fighters? ViperSniper 25 1,760 11-08-2020 12:30 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Who has the brightest future out of these current Americans? ViperSniper 19 3,296 10-05-2020 02:55 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Top 5 most mediocre heavyweight champions? TheTeddyBear 19 941 11-14-2019 03:50 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)