Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who has the brightest future?
Linear Champion Tyson Fury 25-0 (18KO's)
WBC champion Deontay Wilder 36-0 (35KO's)
IBF champion Anthony Joshua 16-0 (16Ko's)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions?
11-15-2017, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 09:19 AM by blackbelt2003.)
RE: Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions?
Saying Wilder is good must be done so in respect to the standard of the current heavyweight division.

He is clearly the second best heavyweight in the world (or first, depending on your opinion of Joshua), which by definition makes him 'good'.

But of course if you lump every world class fighter in the world or in history together, then in comparison Wilder gradually slips down the categories from 'good' to 'average' to 'trash'.

I like Wilder. I find him entertaining, watchable and exciting.

I may even prefer him to Joshua if they ever fought.

But I must say the succinct way his career has been figuratively picked through with investigative tweezers by JD and Dickagon has certainly made me realise how low-brow his reign has been.

He has ONE win over a world class opponent, this far. You could push it to three if you wanted to say Stiverne was still world class in the rematch and also Molina as a decent opponent. Or maybe Szpilka. But all of those smack of straw clutching.

I sincerely hope Wilder does smash his way through a Povetkin or an Ortiz to prove his mettle. I really do. But until that day, I have to conclude that:

'Wilder sucks'

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions? - blackbelt2003 - 11-15-2017 09:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brightest future out of these undefeated US fighters? ViperSniper 25 1,909 11-08-2020 12:30 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Who has the brightest future out of these current Americans? ViperSniper 19 3,417 10-05-2020 02:55 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Top 5 most mediocre heavyweight champions? TheTeddyBear 19 1,031 11-14-2019 03:50 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)