Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
04-27-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
It'll get the attention, but it won't be positive. Floyd is an ATG fighter that has done very well for himself, but he has stunk up the show too many times.

I just don't know how many times you can burn casual fans with $100 pay per views.

I mean, I'm a hardcore fan and I haven't bought a PPV since Vargas-Mosley 2. If even I refuse to go back and pay, imagine what casuals must be thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm with you on that but this is a casual fan fight and they'll eat this shit up.
04-29-2017, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2017 07:18 AM by and the NEW.)
(04-26-2017 07:11 PM)Warlord Wrote:  If a fighter crosses over into boxing from MMA or vice versa, the success or failure they have is not indicative of their respective sports. The fighter should get all the credit if they when, and be rightly praised as an incredible athlete. But in no way should the sports themselves receive any credit or blame for the outcome.

As Viper said, that was very well put. I guess it is very similar when somebody crosses into another football code. Or like Bo Jackson. Nobody said oh, this shows how much more talented NFL players are, they can easily play baseball. Vice-versa, nobody ever critisized NBA players as poor athletes when Michael Jordan 'failed' at baseball.
04-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Yes, exactly. Good examples.
04-30-2017, 05:11 AM
Being competitive at the pro level in multiple sports just shows us how unfair life really is.
04-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Genes are huge. Look at the Jones brothers. Jon Jones became a UFC champion, and both his brothers play for the NFL.
05-02-2017, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017 09:43 PM by and the NEW.)
Yep, and Aaron Rodgers is one of the best NFL players, and his brother won the bachelorette.
06-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Looks like Mayweather reserved Aug 25th and 26th for the possible weigh-in and fight....

Mayweather has also begun sparring as well....

This might actually happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2017, 05:09 AM
I heard that there will be 2 spare tickets for them to the Canelo-GGG fight. Maybe we see another announcement in the ring again..
06-14-2017, 02:32 PM
This is likely going to happen. All the so-called "obstacles" have gotten out of the way, i.e. promoters, sanctioning bodies, etc. There's just too much money to be made for everyone involved to prevent it from happening.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)